• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairly positve coverage of the CC bills

oak1971

On WISN 12 last night Mike Goushe (spelling?) did a good job moderating between Galloway and some Dem hack from Milwaukee. He even nailed the Dem several times when he was spinning and twisting the facts.

Galloway said we'll end up with a hybrid between Con Carry and Permits with reciprocity. :confused:

Vote is scheduled in June.

If anyone can find the video please post it as I have most likely forgotten some details.

Oak out.

Jason in WI

Sen. Galloway defined the hybrid system as constitutional carry with an optional permit system with possible training :banana::monkey:dude::shocker:.

Now that they have that on their minds THIS is what we should push for! A lot of people are all of a sudden world travelers and are concerned about reciprocity so this should make them happy along with the folks who want to show off their prized laminated permission slip.

I think she was actually listening at the hearing.

apierce918

Suddenly world travelers? Plenty of people go to other states, myself included. All of my family is in Michigan. Don't forget, an optional permit will help the issue with school zones correct?

phred

Sen. Galloway defined the hybrid system as constitutional carry with an optional permit system with possible training :banana::monkey:dude::shocker:.

Now that they have that on their minds THIS is what we should push for! A lot of people are all of a sudden world travelers and are concerned about reciprocity so this should make them happy along with the folks who want to show off their prized laminated permission slip.

When I talked with her just before the hearing started, I brought up and she said she was going to pay close attention to the "travelers" concerns. I asked her if both bills could be passed or a hybrid of the two bills could happen and she said both were possibilities. I firmly believe she is listening and she is sincerely dedicated to Constitutional Carry on its merits.

Wolf1477

Close, oh so close. It'd be about as perfect as we can expect if the required training was dropped. It's still a pricey piece of paper tho ($65 vs PA is $26, and there's others still cheaper if I remember correctly).

"All of a sudden world travelers"? Bit snarkey ain't it? I travel (somewhat) frequently for work (MI, TN, KY, GA), never made an issue of it in the hopes of getting a pure constitutional carry bill passed in WI. If they want to offer a option permit so I can (hopefully) get some reciprocity without putting more money into UT or FL coffers *and* without damaging what we want here is that really so bad?

And the GFSZ verbage would help was well, I can't get to work without driving thru a school zone without about a 4 mile detour, so yes IMO: a constitutional with *optional* permit at cost with no training is the best of all worlds.

XDFDE45

Larson made the same comments about the eye vision exam that someone did in the letters section in the JS last week. We already have to do a vision test for our driver's license. Nothing like trying to tack on another "requirement" that we would more than likely have to pay for to exercise our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT :banghead:. At least Galloway is listening to the people.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

i agree,this what we should be shooting for & supporting..it's as perfect as we are going to get.

Pal

I voted for Sen. Galloway, and I will continue to do just that again. Thanks so much for your time and wish you continue success.

paul@paul-fisher.com

On WISN 12 last night Mike Goushe (spelling?) did a good job moderating between Galloway and some Dem hack from Milwaukee. He even nailed the Dem several times when he was spinning and twisting the facts.

Galloway said we'll end up with a hybrid between Con Carry and Permits with reciprocity. :confused:

Vote is scheduled in June.

If anyone can find the video please post it as I have most likely forgotten some details.

Oak out.

I DVR'ed it. Will be watching tonight.

MKEgal

Jason in WI said:
Sen. Galloway defined the hybrid system as constitutional carry with an optional permit system with possible training.
Like Alaska has.

The 2 main reasons I'd get a WI permit if there were such an animal:
1) no worries about the feds if I walk or drive near a school
2) some states only honor home-state permits

It'd be better to correct or repeal the federal "GF"SZ law,
and enforce the 2A on all states.
Harder, take lots of time, but better.