• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charged with brandishing a holstered gun

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Makes one think back to the manner in which they went about arresting Skidmark.. perhaps not an isolated incident.

This is the very reason that we have said that Skidmark's case is sooo very important.

Magistrates, LEA and CAs all follow and share info on these things. The message that we will NOT accept this type of conduct must be sent loud and clear. Meanwhile, I will wait for more specific information before casting my ballot.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
According to comments on the RTD site, the following paragraph was deleted when the article was updated:

"She took it out of the holster and did not point it at the children themselves but pointed it at the ground," said Chesterfield police Capt. Russ Lescault. "And while she was pointing it at the ground, she made threats toward the students."

SicSemperTyrannis

WTVR just reported similar details to the deleted portion.

What we don't know is whate she SAID. As of yet, there is NO evidence whatsoever that Chesterfield Police have failed to understand anything. We know she was upset that her daughter may have been bullied at the bus stop, and its not beyond reason to believe that a parent could get overly emotional when confronted with their child being bullied.

Take a deep breathe until we know more.... nothing I know so far makes me think the woman is a horrible person, but she may have made a very serious (criminal) mistake....

Aknazer

Best thought of the whole thread.

You guys are really starting to worry me.

Why are they starting to worry you? Most of the posts were prior to finding out that there was a deleted portion that stated she had drawn a gun. And without that info it would mean that the cops overstepped their bounds; cops who have apparently done this multiple times before. Now that more info is out people are going to generate new opinions, but with what was known before the statements on this board were understandable.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
It's a very tender subject Jim!

I understand, but geez...sometimes this "sky is falling" stuff gets old.

We know how badly newspapers report stuff and certainly there must be more to the story. The thread started taking on the usual "I blame the police based on the limited info in the story".

I just wish folks would stop passing judgement until the facts come out.

TraumaRN

I've found that waiting 2 days from the first news report usually allows for the "more facts" or sufficiently fuzzy facts (Obama's Bin Laden story for example) to be teased from a story, and I have resigned myself from posting to facebook or forums during this 2 day period. Has worked well so far.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I've found that waiting 2 days from the first news report usually allows for the "more facts" or sufficiently fuzzy facts (Obama's Bin Laden story for example) to be teased from a story, and I have resigned myself from posting to facebook or forums during this 2 day period. Has worked well so far.

Very wise....perhaps I should follow that method myself.

Blk97F150

According to comments on the RTD site, the following paragraph was deleted when the article was updated:

"She took it out of the holster and did not point it at the children themselves but pointed it at the ground," said Chesterfield police Capt. Russ Lescault. "And while she was pointing it at the ground, she made threats toward the students."

But is that what really happened? Or is that just what the kids said happened (the same kids who were supposedly 'bullying' her daughter... :uhoh: ).

Or perhaps its what the kids told the Principal, who told the police?

Yep... I suspect there is much more to this one then initally reported.

Armed

Mindset

.....Meanwhile just precious little information to go on. Not sure why someone would call the police just because someone had a holster on.

You and I think like that. But remember these are kids who are programmed to believe anyone with a gun (except cops) are dangerous. They get to school and do what they are programmed to do - tell. Then the programmers call the police to convey their concern for the safety of the children.

Yeah, I can see why someone called. Not saying I agree with it, and not knowing the entire story here - I can't say that I disagree at this point. Eventually, the whole story will come out.

All American Nightmare

I understand, but geez...sometimes this "sky is falling" stuff gets old.

We know how badly newspapers report stuff and certainly there must be more to the story. The thread started taking on the usual "I blame the police based on the limited info in the story".

I try never to pass judement on anything until I have heard all facts. No one has blamed the police yet. I think some people get tired of Law enforcement saying oops my bad and the courts saying it's ok. We do not have that chance and that might be the real issue.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I try never to pass judement on anything until I have heard all facts. No one has blamed the police yet. I think some people get tired of Law enforcement saying oops my bad and the courts saying it's ok. We do not have that chance and that might be the real issue.

Actually, I did and that's based on previous actions by Chesterfield and the initial news reports.
If the information I got a little while ago is correct, this woman has very little defense, but that isn't verified yet.

Chesterfield's previous actions have been.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You and I think like that. But remember these are kids who are programmed to believe anyone with a gun (except cops) are dangerous. They get to school and do what they are programmed to do - tell. Then the programmers call the police to convey their concern for the safety of the children.

Yeah, I can see why someone called. Not saying I agree with it, and not knowing the entire story here - I can't say that I disagree at this point. Eventually, the whole story will come out.

That's true but she isn't helping her case by dropping multiple F bombs on the press.
She also isn't helping OC'ers.

Mainstream media wants her because it involves children and while they wouldn't air a simple F*** you in a normal case, they're having a field day in this one.

WWBT is still not saying she had a gun in her hand:

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) – We have new information about a Chesterfield mom accused of brandishing a gun at her kid's bus stop this morning. Police say 33 year old Shiquita Reed was defending her daughter who was being teased at Manchester Middle School. Other parents we spoke to say this whole thing could've been handled much differently. Reed is accused of having a gun in a holster on her waist-band, while at the bus stop. Reed did not answer the door when we went to her house today. She was arrested for bringing a gun near kids waiting to catch the bus.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
That changes things, if it happened.

I wouldn't believe the kids, and I'd believe the cops even less. Not just my personal prejudice; these clowns have a history of lying and malicious prosecution. The kids are easy to persuade...

Dirty Media Liars said:
She was arrested for bringing a gun near kids waiting to catch the bus.
That isn't a crime.

Last edited:

NovaCop

I have learned first hand to never accept what news sources say involving crimes. Being involved in an incident and seeing what the papers report can sometimes be almost two completely different stories. The police usually don't go into details about the investigation and the news sources make a lot of assumptions and add some drama to grab attention. Also they usually leave out or use wrong legal terminology when it comes to legal aspects. Until a more respectable source portrays what occurred, I withhold judgement.

I actually had a case a while back that was written up in the news that involved a robbery and the news reported he was arrested for having an illegal gun and theft when I actually charged him with robbery and use of gun in a felony.

Hopefully there is some follow up with this story.