• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charged with brandishing a holstered gun

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Chesterfield again!
This woman probably isn't a rocket scientist but that still isn't brandishing.

Parent arrested for brandishing gun at bus stop

http://www.nbc12.com/story/14654332/parent-arrested

Chesterfield police received information that a mother had come to the bus stop Monday morning with her daughter in regard to other students bullying her daughter. Once there, additional students reportedly observed the woman with a handgun in a holster on her waist, according to police. The students reported the incident to the principal upon their arrival at school. Police were called to investigate.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
[Deleted-ish] Brandishing case in Chesterfield at school bus stop

Very few details on this one as of yet.

Both WTVR 6 and NBC12 have the story on their websites and FB pages, not sure if they are on TV yet since I am not at home.

Involves a mom with a gun on her hip in a holster, she was charged with 5 cases of brandishing, the details are sketchy, apparently her daughter was being bullied.

http://www.wtvr.com/wtvr-school-bus-stop-gun-20110516,0,2064770.story

Nevermind I futzed with the link too long and Peter beat me

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
So far, the only "fact" stated in the story is:

"Police say some students told their principal they saw Reed at the bus stop with a handgun in a holster on her waist."​

How is this brandishing? Sounds like a citizen who was openly carrying in Virginia to me. It will be interesting to see how this develops and what the other details are beyond "some students [saying] they saw Reed at the bus stop with a handgun in a holster on her waist."

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This just shows that Chesterfield makes their own laws. The problem is without a good attorney, she'll be convicted.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
One way or the other this case is going to generate a lot of attention, and possibly controversy as well. Some of the People on the social media are saying this was on school property, etc.

Meanwhile just precious little information to go on. Not sure why someone would call the police just because someone had a holster on.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Five counts of brandishing!

"Police were able to recover the weapon during the investigation." Presume that to mean that CPD seized her gun - for what? OCing it??????

While we do NOT know all of the story yet, it seems to this casual observer that Chesterfield PD is failing to the side of less and less understanding of legal carry.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
One way or the other this case is going to generate a lot of attention, and possibly controversy as well. Some of the People on the social media are saying this was on school property, etc.

Meanwhile just precious little information to go on. Not sure why someone would call the police just because someone had a holster on.

Skeptic, This is an important issue and we have three threads going. I asked the Mods to delete mine so it doesn't get diluted.

Would you copy your post to one of the other threads.
Thanks!

--Moderator Note--
Merged three threads beginning with the oldest time stamp.
All posts are retained this way in chronological order.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
Skeptic, This is an important issue and we have three threads going. I asked the Mods to delete mine so it doesn't get diluted.

Would you copy your post to one of the other threads.
Thanks!

Actually I think someone already merged mine and the other one into yours so it should be good unless someone else starts another one

Last edited:

77zach

Of course it's not brandishing if we have the whole story.

Looks like she talked to the police. Never talk to the police. Ever.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
Five counts of brandishing!

"Police were able to recover the weapon during the investigation." Presume that to mean that CPD seized her gun - for what? OCing it??????

While we do NOT know all of the story yet, it seems to this casual observer that Chesterfield PD is failing to the side of less and less understanding of legal carry.

Makes one think back to the manner in which they went about arresting Skidmark.. perhaps not an isolated incident.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I checked the Chesterfield General District Court website a big ago and saw nothing for Ms. Reed. Maybe we can find out something tomorrow.

There have a number of bullying story's in the news. I'm checking to see if she is one who had problems.
My guess is that the CPD Officer did some creative questioning and she admitted she wore it to intimidate the bully(s).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
One count for each kid? Listening to the reports on the radio, one would think that it wasn't legal to have a gun at a bus stop or near a school bus.

We are talking about the same County that charged a Jogger with having a firearm on school property ....because he was close.