Thread: WI legislator oath of office

WI legislator oath of office

Article IV, 28
    Oath of office. Section 28.
    Members of the legislature, and all officers, executive and judicial, except such inferior officers as may be by law exempted, shall before they enter upon the duties of their respective offices, take and subscribe an oath or affirmation to support the constitution of the United States and the constitution of the state of Wisconsin, and faithfully to discharge the duties of their respective offices to the best of their ability.

19.01(1m)
    I, ...., swear (or affirm) that I will support the constitution of the United States and the constitution of the state of Wisconsin, and will faithfully and impartially discharge the duties of the office of .... to the best of my ability.
    So they're required by law to uphold both Constitutions,
    and they've sworn they will.
    Why is there all this bickering about restricting the rights protected by the Constitutions?

Perhaps in any letters or emails we should include the oath in the box up there as a reminder.

We need to find some form of punishment for breaking this oath. I feel it was the real reason for the 2A in the first place.
    I say give them 5 years in the same jail that we could end up in. Lets see how many anti-rights people run for office with that in place.

The escape clause is "to the best of my ability"

Centurion

We should bring up the oath every time we talk about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Article IV, 28
    Oath of office. Section 28.
    Members of the legislature, and all officers, executive and judicial, except such inferior officers as may be by law exempted, shall before they enter upon the duties of their respective offices, take and subscribe an oath or affirmation to support the constitution of the United States and the constitution of the state of Wisconsin, and faithfully to discharge the duties of their respective offices to the best of their ability.

So they're required by law to uphold both Constitutions,
    and they've sworn they will.
    Why is there all this bickering about restricting the rights protected by the Constitutions?

Perhaps in any letters or emails we should include the oath in the box up there as a reminder.
    You are exactly correct. We should bring up the oath every time we talk about the subject. Make them squirm. I don't see how they can uphold their oath and not vote for Constitutional carry.

Complaints sent to the Sheriff to call a Grand Jury to look at the situation. Violation of oaths is an offense.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    We need to find some form of punishment for breaking this oath.
    We already have it.

Tar. Feathers. Run out on a pole.

It's the simple things in life that make it worth living.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie