• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SC rejects federal regulation...

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SC-bill-dimming-federal-light-apf-1120931534.html?x=0&.v=1

"A South Carolina Senate panel has approved legislation that would trump federal energy standards by allowing manufacturers to make and sell traditional incandescent bulbs."

See? The moonbats are already creating "green" jobs. People will start smuggling real lightbulbs to states that lack the sack to oppose the stupid 2007 lightbulb ban. Especially since the only bulbs available will be those horrible AND TOXIC compact flourescents that almost everyone hates, and some LED bulbs that cost $50 BUCKS!!!

Gee, I wonder what our resident statist liberals think about this racist South Carolinian reactionary proposal to destroy the environment...

eye95

But...but...but...The federal government is supreme!

It's top-down. The states serve the federal government; and the people are subjects of the state and the feds. Doesn't anyone understand a hierarchy anymore?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
But...but...but...The federal government is supreme!

It's top-down. The states serve the federal government; and the people are subjects of the state and the feds. Doesn't anyone understand a hierarchy anymore?

Hierarchy? What's a hierarcy? I thought we were a democracy?:lol::p

God Bless The Republic.

Dreamer

The technology to modulate the flicker rate through fluorescent bulbs to effect the human brain has been around for nearly 80 years, and is a lab-proven concept. Photonic entrainment of brain states is OLD technology, and has been used in psychological research since the 1930s.

The incandescent light ban has nothing to do with "energy". It is because incandescent lights do not flicker, and cannot be made to flicker at mind-altering frequencies through powerline modulations...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The technology to modulate the flicker rate through fluorescent bulbs to effect the human brain has been around for nearly 80 years, and is a lab-proven concept.

It's an office-building-proven concept as well, and was tied to many headaches throughout corporate America until longer-burning phosphors were created. Which... is why they were developed. Apparently, 60 Hz flickering interferes with office productivity, whereby costing corporate America billions of dollars.

Other frequencies can be used, but not by the 60 Hz power used in the U.S., at least not without electronics seriously more expensive than a simple ballast.

Photonic entrainment of brain states is OLD technology, and has been used in psychological research since the 1930s.

Effects of flickering were found to be detrimental. Not much has bound to improve things.

The incandescent light ban has nothing to do with "energy". It is because incandescent lights do not flicker, and cannot be made to flicker at mind-altering frequencies through powerline modulations...

So long as an incandescent light bulb that uses 60 W of energy can be replaced by a CFL that uses 13 W, I'll use the CFL. Long-burn phosphors that accurately replicate the light of incandescent bulbs have been around a long time, too.

Kirbinator

The crazy part about that is that most modern office building lighting is run off of 277V, which is across two phases in a delta configuration. In three phase power, you never experience a combined voltage drop below a certain level, like 50% or something when you consider all phases from a common grounded point (Y-configuration). So as long as the phases are distributed in a common space, the office shouldn't appear to flicker since once of the lights will always be lit. Strobe perhaps a little, but not flicker.

Dreamer

Other frequencies can be used, but not by the 60 Hz power used in the U.S., at least not without electronics seriously more expensive than a simple ballast.

You mean like the smart chips that are mandated by the Telecommunications Act of 1996, that are going to be put in EVERY electrical device sold in the US starting in July of this year. Google has already announced they will be offering software enabling homowners to control, monitor, and operate everything that runs on electricity--from DVD players to toasters, to lights...

This new tech is essentially X-10 technology that is embedded into every electrical device, and can send and receive the equivalent of cable-modem digital data packets over standard house wiring.

Changing the flicker rate of lights to DIRECTLY cause human brain wave synchronization to predetermined states (Alpha, Delta, Beta, etc) is 80 year old tech, and now we have the technology built-in to all electrical devices, including the captive ballasts of CFLs.

Imagine the possibilities. The Soviets couldn't even dream up this sort of stuff...

Effects of flickering were found to be detrimental. Not much has bound to improve things.

Oh, a LOT has been done to "improvet their effectiveness" with regards to creating certain brain states. Go read the Telecom Act of 1996...

So long as an incandescent light bulb that uses 60 W of energy can be replaced by a CFL that uses 13 W, I'll use the CFL.

CFLs are a great idea until you break one. The EPA has already issued their instructions on how to deal with them if they are broken, which involve evacuating the area, opening all the windows for a few hours, and placing the broken bulb in a sealed container for proper disposal, due to the mercury in each bulb.

Yeah, a great improvement over incandescent bulbs...

Long-burn phosphors that accurately replicate the light of incandescent bulbs have been around a long time, too.

As someone who's work depends on PRECISE color accuracy in printing, I can tell you that there isn't a fluorescent bulb out there ANYWHERE (with the exception of Ott Lights) that even approaches the "naturalness" of some incandescent bulbs. The CFLs you buy in stores today--even the expensive "daylight" bulbs have pitifully low lumen outputs, are dreadful with certain colors (specifically blues and greens) and cause most red and purple inks, paints, and pigments to succumb to photosesitive degradation more quickly than direct natural sunlight.

From an artists or graphic designers POV, CFL bulbs are perhaps the WORST idea for workplace illumination ever devised. In short, they screw up the perceived color spectrum, cause MASSIVE perceptual shifts in certain colors, and degrade other colors more quickly than direct sunlight. They are a nightmare for art galleries, museums, practicing artists, and graphic designers working in print media.

The fact that they are filled with neuro-toxic mercury vapor, create nearly double the environmental pollution to produce than incandescents, and can be remotely controlled to modify, alter and even control brainwave states is just icing on the cake...

And you better believe some of the first places that will be converted entirely to CFLs are SCHOOLS--where our children will be exposed to their toxic contents.

CFLs have so many potentially negative health effects that if these effects are a coincidence, then the current crop of engineers must be some of the most incompetent people in the history of science. And if these side effects of CFLs were intentionally designed in, the level of evil behind such design practically defies imagination...

Lord Sega

Reminds me of...

DENNIS: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior!
ARTHUR: Well, I AM king...
DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! If there's ever going to be any progress--
WOMAN: Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh -- how d'you do?
ARTHUR: How do you do, good lady. I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that?
WOMAN: King of the who?
ARTHUR: The Britons.
WOMAN: Who are the Britons?
ARTHUR: Well, we all are. we're all Britons and I am your king.
WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
WOMAN: Oh there you go, bringing class into it again.
DENNIS: That's what it's all about if only people would--
ARTHUR: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
WOMAN: No one live there.
ARTHUR: Then who is your lord?
WOMAN: We don't have a lord.
ARTHUR: What?
DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.
ARTHUR: Yes.
DENNIS: But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.
ARTHUR: Yes, I see.
DENNIS: By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--
ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
ARTHUR: I am your king!
WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.

Tawnos

Relevant:
20110505.gif

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Republic ≠ Democracy and Democracy ≠ Republic.

A republic is rule of law, a democracy is rule of men. I choose republic which is what our government is supposed to be... every level, from state to Federal.

Double bingo. In fact far too many people are clueless as far as who is supposed to represent THEIR STATE in the federal Gov't. They "think" their Senators represent them. They probably don't even know who the representatives are, or that according to the Constitution they don't vote for the President, their Representatives do.

I wasn't alive back when the change was made. Perhaps the corruption was so obvious the people demanded a change. 100 years later it's obviously been re-corrupted. Perhaps it's time the senate's only job was to repeal laws.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
The technology to modulate the flicker rate through fluorescent bulbs to effect the human brain has been around for nearly 80 years, and is a lab-proven concept. Photonic entrainment of brain states is OLD technology, and has been used in psychological research since the 1930s.

Yes, but double-layer tinfoil hats and dark sunglasses will mitigate the effect....

Tawnos

Pubmed link or similar cite?