• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

never thought I'd name my guns...

MKEgal

But since I just bought a twin to my favorite, somehow it seemed right to be able to tell them apart.

So based on their serial numbers, they now have names:
Chewey (serial # starts w/ CHU)
Deke (serial # starts w/ DEK)
and Agnes (serial # starts w/ AG)

I know there are other people out there who name their toys, so c'mon... fess up & tell us about it.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
But since I just bought a twin to my favorite, somehow it seemed right to be able to tell them apart.

So based on their serial numbers, they now have names:
Chewey (serial # starts w/ CHU)
Deke (serial # starts w/ DEK)
and Agnes (serial # starts w/ AG)

I know there are other people out there who name their toys, so c'mon... fess up & tell us about it.

You just started naming your guns? Welcome to the gun nut world, you are now a hoplophile. Congrats, glad to have you.

MKEgal

PrayingForWar said:
Welcome to the gun nut world, you are now a hoplophile.
Nooooooo.... ;) No, I can't be one of those people.
I mean, they're crazy.
They think guns have personalities... (when everyone knows that only motorcycles have personalities.)
I'm just doing it to tell them apart.
Really I am.
You believe me, right?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Nooooooo.... ;) No, I can't be one of those people.
I mean, they're crazy.
They think guns have personalities... (when everyone knows that only motorcycles have personalities.)
I'm just doing it to tell them apart.
Really I am.
You believe me, right?

Sure I believe you. It's not like the same Make/Model have the same SER#'s, or that they shoot different brands of ammo more accurately. It's not like they seem to prefer differnent cleaning solvents and lubes. It's not like they prefer different mixes of cases, powder, and bullet weights to preform as effectively as you'd like.

Yeah right. They're just inanimate objects that don't manipulate you into making sure they're stored in a climate controlled enviroments, cleaned regularly even without use, and even talked too.:rolleyes:

Damm things ought to be banned.

Jack House

Bam Bam - a double barreled shotgun.

A friend of mine was telling me about it, saying he was going to name it Bob or something and I told him to name it Bam Bam instead. Then we started making jokes about introducing it to people, burglars and the like.

M

McX

must be a personality trait.

smacky, disruptor, chromie, and 'the mag.'

some of the named guns also have aliases: Smacky AKA smack ye, chromie AKA army of northern virginia, the mag is still searching for an alternate name.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I feel that this video is very fitting to the thread.

[video=youtube;41v5DkE2vBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41v5DkE2vBw[/video]

DontTreadOnMeVa

...did Gunny teach you nothing?

"Tonight... you pukes will sleep with your rifles! You will give your rifle a girl's name!" -Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Firearms get girl names! ...did Gunny teach you nothing?

M

McX

I feel that this video is very fitting to the thread.

[video=youtube;41v5DkE2vBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41v5DkE2vBw[/video]

supreme comeback! i should write the game makers though, and file a complaint; the guy in their game has more and better guns than me!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
supreme comeback! i should write the game makers though, and file a complaint; the guy in their game has more and better guns than me!

I feel that the song writer knew a bit about guns. One of the lines in the lyrics says:

"Peter pan, baby 9, it'll never grow up"

It's like if you buy a glock .40 you can convert it to a whole bunch of different calibers. But if you buy a glock 9mm, it's a 9 for life. I wonder if the song writer was thinking this way when writing the song.

After hearing this my wife and I always refer to the mossberg shotty as "kelly price" lol