• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here

Duceforty22

Hey everyone, i joined the forum last week and have been reading the threads and learning a lot. I am 22 and have just received my cc permit, and have been carrying for about 4 days. So far after taking the class it has made me more aware of my surroundings, and more humble about guns. I have a lot of questions and is willing to learn more, thanks.

Dreamer

Welcome. It sounds like you're on the right track.

Read as much as you can. Study the laws in NC. Ask questions here--we'll try our best to clarify things if you have any questions. We're a pretty friendly bunch most of the time... ;)

Last edited:

spinner

Good to have ya here. CC is fine but you will find alot of CC,ers don't like open carriers. They have their opinions of why, but if you start reading our comments and reasoning of why we prefer OC you might see our point of view. either way protect yourself and remember when the police show up to a call the crime has already happened.

Duceforty22

Yea i have no problem with what others chose to do, it doesn't bother me. And what do you mean by " when the police show up to a call the crime has already happened" ?

Chris Hamby

Welcome!
Yea, I'm relitively new here aswel. The folks on here are great and have great inputs for just about any question.

spinner

exactly cricket, if we knew when where and how a crime was gonna happen we wouldnt need cops or guns to protect ourselves. so until then lock and load

Brion

What was that movie where they had some way to see the future so they would go and arrest someone before they commit a crime they themselves didn't know they were going to commit?

Then what do you call it when someone calls the police because "I don't think he should have a gun. Can he do that? 911 - there is a man here with a gun. That's not appropriate. Isn't it supposed to be concealed. He's just asking for someone to come up behind him take his gun and shoot him. Police are there to protect us. If it's not illegal it should be. I think only police should have guns. Guns are bad. Bad people don't kill people, guns do."

Excuse me for a second I need to go find a wall to :banghead: