Thread: Picking up my first gun tomorrow!

Picking up my first gun tomorrow!

For those of you who've read any of my previous posts, I'm 18 and pretty new to the whole open carry deal. Well tomorrow my father and I are going to a local gun shop in Orange, VA owned and operated by Ned Purcell!

I wanted a Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II, but I wasn't able to afford it. I've decided to go with a brand new Glock 22 .40 cal Gen 3. I'd prefer the 1911 but I've always had a passion for Glocks as well and this way I'm getting the most bang for my buck!!

Congratulations! Getting your first handgun is an important occasion to say the least.

What kind of holster do you plan to buy?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    If you like the G22, did you also consider the G23 as well? Just something to think about as it is a very good .40S&W for carry purposes.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I gave thought into the 21 and the 23 as well. I wanted a .45 but after shooting them all I decided the g22 was the one I wanted. I will be getting a blackhawk level 2 serpa holster! 2 1/2 hours then its mine!

Congratulations!

I'm excited for you. I remember my first firearm purchase, as well as my first handgun purchase. You've picked a good one as well. I had a G22 some time ago, gen-1 I think, sold it, I still kick myself.

At least your range ammo will be cheaper. I find .40 at about 30 cents but .45 at about 34 cents when I can find it at all.

Grats kid!!!
    If you have any questions at all, please ask.
    If you would like some experienced help, ask someone to go shoot with you.
    You will find gun owners are very eager to help you with all your gun related needs.

solid choice! i was always a fan of Glocks (still am) i was going to get a 22 also...but then i got some trigger time on the XDs XDMs. Yeah the trigger took the cake on that one for me plus 19 rounds in a flush fitting magazine (i had a gungasm when i saw that). good holster choice as well...exactly what i have. its very fast and ergonomic... best of luck in your endeavors!
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Glocks are excellent, I do admit. And when you sell it, you won't have to kick yourself for very long since they're everywhere and you'll buy another. :-p

I'm still drooling on a G20....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I'm still drooling on a G20....
    EEEWWWW 10 mm

go with the .45 if you want big bore! 10 mm is so espensives!

but i digress, if 10 mm wasn't so expensive id have to think about one also major power
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington