• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picking up my first gun tomorrow!

Patriot2A

For those of you who've read any of my previous posts, I'm 18 and pretty new to the whole open carry deal. Well tomorrow my father and I are going to a local gun shop in Orange, VA owned and operated by Ned Purcell!

I wanted a Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II, but I wasn't able to afford it. I've decided to go with a brand new Glock 22 .40 cal Gen 3. I'd prefer the 1911 but I've always had a passion for Glocks as well and this way I'm getting the most bang for my buck!!

Patriot2A

I gave thought into the 21 and the 23 as well. I wanted a .45 but after shooting them all I decided the g22 was the one I wanted. I will be getting a blackhawk level 2 serpa holster! 2 1/2 hours then its mine!

stickbow95

Congratulations!

I'm excited for you. I remember my first firearm purchase, as well as my first handgun purchase. You've picked a good one as well. I had a G22 some time ago, gen-1 I think, sold it, I still kick myself.

MR Redenck

Grats kid!!!
If you have any questions at all, please ask.
If you would like some experienced help, ask someone to go shoot with you.
You will find gun owners are very eager to help you with all your gun related needs.

silver

solid choice! i was always a fan of Glocks (still am) i was going to get a 22 also...but then i got some trigger time on the XDs XDMs. Yeah the trigger took the cake on that one for me plus 19 rounds in a flush fitting magazine (i had a gungasm when i saw that). good holster choice as well...exactly what i have. its very fast and ergonomic... best of luck in your endeavors!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Glocks are excellent, I do admit. And when you sell it, you won't have to kick yourself for very long since they're everywhere and you'll buy another. :p

I'm still drooling on a G20....

silver

I'm still drooling on a G20....

EEEWWWW 10 mm:eek:

go with the .45 if you want big bore! 10 mm is so espensives!:cuss:

but i digress, if 10 mm wasn't so expensive id have to think about one also major power:lol: