Thread: Home Depot/Western Blvd - Gun Free?

Home Depot/Western Blvd - Gun Free?

Has anyone else had an issue open carrying here?

I just moved here yesterday (my third tour here) and today I ran up to Home Depot with my Mother in Law and Sister in Law and the older guy gathering carts in the parking lot stops me on my way in and tells me I need to secure my firearm prior to going inside.

I asked him if it was a store policy or a corporate policy because I've carried in several other Home Depots with no issue. He stated it was a corporate policy and he also stated that "if I'm not in uniform we have no way to tell who you are". I asked what kind of sense that made but just walked off cause I felt myself getting pissed off and was in a hurry and didn't feel like dealing with it having my in-laws waiting on me.

Walking in the doors, I checked for signage stating that weapons were prohibited and I saw none.

I haven't decided how to proceed just yet. I'm either going to call and speak with the store manager and find out what the deal is or what I will most likely do is just start OC'ing there on a regular basis to condition them. For all I know right now, it was an isolated incident.

Anyone else have any similar issues at this Home Depot?

I'm normally in Lowes, and those folks don't even bat an eye so thumbs up for them

But I've stopped in to HD before (probably not that one in particular) and I've never heard anything negative either.

You may want to take the time and call an 800 # for clarity. The same thing has happened plenty of times in various Walmarts, and a phone call or two has worked in those cases
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

HD's corporate policy, to obey local laws, has been stated on this forum before. You can get it in writing if you write tot hem. That works on the agenda-pushing peons that are trying to pick a fight or cause you issues.

Phone calls are nice, and it does educate. But it doesn't account for employee turnover. If you have it on HD Corporate letterhead and stick it in their face, you're doing much better.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

I was OC'ing in HD Sunday in Hickory. Walked all over the store getting stuff. Dealt with several employees, and some noticed. Not a word was said. Sounds like emails and calls are in order.

I OC at the Home Depot in Cary almost every weekend, less than a mile from my house. Never had an issue. I would say you ran across an employee who doesn't really know what their policy is.

Just say...Thanks for the info and carry on.... No sign means ok to carry.... And you did have a uniform.... yours....

sounds like this guy was the one that didnt want your firearm in the store. bed wetter.

Just OCd in Lowes on Western. No issues. I try not to go to HD too much.

I went to Lowes in Kville twice this weekend, no issues. Did have a guy look me down on the way out the door, wasnt a real friendly look either. Too bad, he made me "nervous" HA HA.

quote " the older guy gathering carts in the parking lot stops me on my way in and tells me I need to secure my firearm prior to going inside". end quote

did he say it that way? and the reference to "not in uniform" and "don't know who you are"

all these smack of something a LEO might say. maybe a retired LEO working there ?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.