• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What will your primary Conceal carry pistol be ?

Orion

Tanfoglio TZ-75 9 mm in a shoulder holster and/or XDm 40 in a crossdraw IWB.

Vandil

Kahr PM9 w. Hogue handall and pierce grip. Speer Short Barrel 9mm GDHP. Mitch Rossen belt side leather holster w thumb break and spare mag carrier.

I have a pocket holster for a S&W bodyguard 380 as well but it's only a tinny bit smaller than the PM9 with a much smaller round. My dress gun I guess since it fits in the pocket of a suit or slacks easily.

TyGuy

Glock 19 with Ruger LCP as my backup. I know the G19 is on the larger side of CCW pistols, but I like Glocks as they fit my hand well.

Outdoorsman1

These days it seems like "when" (not if) Concealed Carry passes, (as I am a strong proponet of Constitutional or Open Carry), I will continue to carry as I do now... XD-40 for dialy carry and my Taurus Judge W/ 6.5" barrel for "special occations"....

The only reasons I would get a permit would be to legally carry in a vehicle (truck or boat) without having to unloade and case... and ok, I suppose it would be nice to cover my firearm with a jacket in the winter.... and ok, it would also be nice not to have to be concerned with school zones (if a permit would cover that)....

OMG....seems like MAYBE a permit (if it comes to that) might have SOME use....:banghead:

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

If I actually owned any guns(I lost mine in a tragic canoe accident) I'd carry my Kimber 1911 goldmatch stainless. It's so pretty... shoots even better.

Don't you mean... It was so pretty...shot even better...(before the tragic accident)...;)

Outdoorsman1

M

McX

i note an emerging trend of 2 guns here. i think i found the root cause, at least with me; carry the 2 best you love the most. for you?

Outdoorsman1

I would consider a back up firearm for one of the same reasons I carry in the first place...

Better to have and not need than to need and not have....

This is the first time I have (seriously) considered a (small in size, large in caliber) back up firearm because with a permit and being able to conceal, it would be more of a consideration than having to OC two firearms...

I guess I will have to start saving.....:banghead:

Outdoorsman1

Wolf1477

1911 in either my Blackhawk Serpa (paddle) for OC/casual carry or in the Crossbreed Supertuck for concealed.

May look into a shoulder rig for the winter months/road trips/out in the boat. Black hawk makes one that will take the Serpa holster, just remove it from the paddle and voila.

Felix

It's not 'what will be' in my case; rather, "what is." All in the sig. :D

kd6sxa

Concealed Carry Pistol

I have a Ruger P95dc that I OC every day. I think it will be little big for CC. I will get either the Glock 30 or 36. I think.

Outdoorsman1

Looking at a Taurus Judge with 2.5" barrel (snub nose)?...

Upside = will shoot .45 long colt and .410 shotgun..
Downside = 5 shot (not 6), revolver, longer cylinder (than normal)... maybe a little to "bulky" for a good concealed..

Maybe as a back up to the XD-40...

Or a miniature version and back up for my 6.5" barrel Judge...

Outdoorsman1

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
G23 in a CTAC... for those who are looking to conceal a G26/G27 (subcompact) have you tried doing the same with a G19/G23 (compact)? If you add the magazine extension (most do) the grip is practically the same size.

I'm 6'-2" and 210 lbs and concealing the G19/G23 isn't a problem at all for me with the CTAC. When I put my old G27 in the holster I didn't notice any difference from the G19/G23, so I sold it. YMMV, but it might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

Trip20

Summer:

IMG01615-20110223-1008.jpg

Haven't figured out winter yet.