• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart applying for liquor licenses

XDm

ABQ non-super Walmarts are applying for liquor licenses. The one on Academy/Wyoming is set for approval by May23. Haven't checked the others yet.

That's one way to stop me from open carrying I suppose... :(

AH.74

castiel

Good news is that it does not affect open or concealed carry since 1 July 2010 with the passage of SB40... link is http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/10 Regular/final/SB0040.pdf

The store needs the liqour license for the sale of beer and wine...for offsite consumption

Yet another person who fails at reading. Notice that the (a) and (b) subsections only apply to section (4) which requires the firearm to be concealed with a valid permit.

(4) by a person carrying a concealed handgun who is in possession of a valid concealed handgun license for
that gun pursuant to the Concealed Handgun Carry Act on the premises of:
(a) a licensed establishment that does not sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises;
or
(b) a restaurant licensed to sell only beer and wine that derives no less than sixty percent of its
annual gross receipts from the sale of food for consumption on the premises, unless the restaurant has a sign posted, in a conspicuous location at each public entrance, prohibiting the carrying of firearms, or the person is verbally instructed by the owner or manager that the carrying of a
firearm is not permitted in the restaurant;

Last edited:

XDm

Bernalillo county has a link that shows currently valid liquor estabishments by zipcode - I found it by digging thru Google this past weekend. Drove past today and sign was still up stating it's under application.. but end date was supposed to be today. Approved?

JBarL

Hummmm I Live in Texas But I just had to chime in on this matter. I am a Certified NRA instructor and soon to be a State Certified Concealed handgun Instructor for Texas. It is My understanding to laws now this is Texas law that I know, A business that sells alcohol only the Unlicesned poccession of a firearm is Prohibited. or that place of business must get 51% of sales from alcohol is the only place where you can not carry. Like I said Im in Texas I do however travel to N.M. Alot have In-Laws there. when I go to there cabin I do OC when I am there Mills N.M. take family to down to the canyon lots of bad animals 4 legged and even ready for 2 legged kind as well. I went into a little store in Roy, Had my cowboy holster and belt on Had my Black Powder Uberti Walker loaded with 60 grains of B.P. in it cause we just got back from the river in the canyon. anyways I wore gun on in Store and after we left we Stopped at the little Beer Store I took it off went inside conducted Business and headed back to mills. So I would really like to know what is Ya'lls requirment on carryin. will be headin back up there soon. Ohhh and 1 more thing, When I first went up to Mills I met a really Nice Feller who is a N.M. State Trooper and he asked if I had been in Canyon, I told him Yes He informed never go there without my gun. Now this was before the law changed you could not have firearms on national grass lands or National Parks the sign on entry clearly stated that. But His Words
" Dont Go in there Unarmed" hummm I ran into 3 Park Officals while I was there Yes I was armed I was walking down a dirt path They were there looking at some moutain Lion tracks and yes the big cat was right there cross the creek looking right at us all. 1 park official told me if that cat moves towards Us would you please Shoot it seeing how you have that big ol hog leg on, my family would like to see me tonight. without hesitation I said I already plan on it. lol So was I in Violation of fedral LAws Yes But would the State covered me if that big Ol cat would have attacked one of us? Not sure but was I worried? NO I rather take my chance with Laws then be dead.:banghead:

JBarL

Hummmm I Live in Texas But I just had to chime in on this matter. I am a Certified NRA instructor and soon to be a State Certified Concealed handgun Instructor for Texas. It is My understanding to laws now this is Texas law that I know, A business that sells alcohol only the Unlicesned poccession of a firearm is Prohibited. or that place of business must get 51% of sales from alcohol is the only place where you can not carry. Like I said Im in Texas I do however travel to N.M. Alot have In-Laws there. when I go to there cabin I do OC when I am there Mills N.M. take family to down to the canyon lots of bad animals 4 legged and even ready for 2 legged kind as well. I went into a little store in Roy, Had my cowboy holster and belt on Had my Black Powder Uberti Walker loaded with 60 grains of B.P. in it cause we just got back from the river in the canyon. anyways I wore gun on in Store and after we left we Stopped at the little Beer Store I took it off went inside conducted Business and headed back to mills. So I would really like to know what is Ya'lls requirment on carryin. will be headin back up there soon. Ohhh and 1 more thing, When I first went up to Mills I met a really Nice Feller who is a N.M. State Trooper and he asked if I had been in Canyon, I told him Yes He informed never go there without my gun. Now this was before the law changed you could not have firearms on national grass lands or National Parks the sign on entry clearly stated that. But His Words
" Dont Go in there Unarmed" hummm I ran into 3 Park Officals while I was there Yes I was armed I was walking down a dirt path They were there looking at some moutain Lion tracks and yes the big cat was right there cross the creek looking right at us all. 1 park official told me if that cat moves towards Us would you please Shoot it seeing how you have that big ol hog leg on, my family would like to see me tonight. without hesitation I said I already plan on it. lol So was I in Violation of fedral LAws Yes But would the State covered me if that big Ol cat would have attacked one of us? Not sure but was I worried? NO I rather take my chance with Laws then be dead.:banghead:
Correction to Spellinglol Possession not the way it was in my note lol

TravisNM

EnterKey.png

Please use it.

AH.74

JBarL- read the NM laws. The pertinent sections are quoted above, clearly.

XDm

Stopped in at the Wally world on Academy last month and they finally have a full fledged make-shift liquor dept right next to the front door. Good luck stopping thieves from performing the old grab-and-run ....