• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Change of polocy appreciation Chevy's

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Ok, interest seems high again and positive to say the least compared to the past couple of months.

This Sunday, 5-22 I am going to take my Fiance' to Chevy's at 7 PM to show appreciation for them removing the no firearms signs. It is just as important that we recognize those whom respect our rights and since they have taken the step to actually change policies I am going to dine there to spend my dollars where my rights are not restricted.

This is NOT a meeting to decide things about Zeke's BBQ, however if he is able to attend and it becomes a topic, by all means, however I want to be on record, that is his show.

It also is not a meeting of any particular type, it is simply where I am going to be and I welcome anyone of like mind to join us for some food and drink. Topics will vary by audience, it is simply to be a good time and the conversation is how to motivate more folks to accept and respect the good guys.

If you do intend upon showing up and saying hi or have dinner please send a PM to me so we can be sure and request a table to accommodate those who wish to join us. One of our children MIGHT attend, he has his own life and us old farts are only ok when there is food involved lol so he may come.

If you could send the PM ASAP I would like to shoot the owner a note and let him know we are having a thank you dinner there for his respect shown.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Between First Capitol and Zumbehl on the South outer road (Veterans Memorial) of I-70 in St Charles Mo.

Directly in front of Walmart.

Easiest route from 270/70

70 west tp the third exit in St Charles aka Zumbehl road, left at the top of the ramp, cross the top of the highway and left on to the outer road, approximately 1/2 mile turn left into shopping plaza, Chevy's on right hand corner.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...=1&ved=0CAQQtgMwAA&iwloc=10443248531017355224

2911 Veterans Memorial Parkway, St. Charles, MO

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Several positive responses have come in and it has been a short time so I am going to let the owner know about the response as the count is now above 10.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Email shot ver to prevent us overloading them on Sunday

Thank you one and all, including those unable to attend for support, if you can not come Sunday, who knows, there will be more parties in the future as the tide is still turning, lets keep it positive and fun.

John,

I posted up the retraction from the boycott list and a great many folks expressed appreciation. I requested folks show that appreciation in the form of patronization and it kind of spiraled into a "hey lets all meet there!" and that is now the intent.

My fiance and I are having dinner there Sunday evening about 7, I did an open invite to any whom would like to join us and already more than 12 are RSVP'ed. It is not a meeting or anything, just a get together for supper by friends whom appreciate your decision.

I picked Sunday evening because I thought it might be the slower day of the weekend and since it has spiraled in less than 1 day into a larger than expected group I thought you might like to know it was indeed a positive impact that was well received.

No special consideration is requested, just thought it polite to give you a heads up in case Sunday is an oddly slow day and a manager were to make a decision to allow folks to go home early and wind up strapped because 20 or more hungry mouths walked in!

My full name is Rich XXX and I will identify as such as my lady and I will come in a bit early since the folks attending are our guest. Thank you again for reasonable consideration and communication.

Rich L

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
NP, know not everyone can make it no doubt.

I am just stoked to have some positive stuff going down as the Maplewood loss kind of kicked the wind out of the sails so to speak. Not that they decided against us that bothered me so much, but more the clearly defined line that they ultimately had no interest in listening to us at all in the first place.

Frankly I am just damn glad to get reminded that there are some reasonable folks outside of the gun groups themselves that acknowledge respect as well, call it renewed hope in the efforts!!!!!

If you can't make it raise a glass and toast a couple of minor wins :)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
A bit of legal info for those planning to attend

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Missouri/stcharle/cityofstcharlesmissouricodeofordinances?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:stcharles_mo

St Charles ordinances.

Again, no carry requirements to dine with us, come as you see fit.

Another item of note, do not kill your fun with a heavy foot! The St Ann police department got themselves a shiny new laser speed gun, they are using it by the air port. They are in that Business building that is just southeast of the main terminal. They shoot BOTH directions, sometimes at the same time. I drive it every day, they have not missed a day this week or last. As many as 12 police cars have had folks pulled over at once! They also sit right at the end of the Blanchette Bridge and tag folks.

The speed limit is 55/60 by the airport, don’t go faster, we will not be leaving at 715 so if you’re late well you might have to sit on the floor and beg forgiveness? Sorry, but we won’t care that much and will just greet you whenever you arrive!!

If LEO’s choose to be our guest, they are welcome to dine as well, however if they are not coming as guest I shall ask them to leave :)

Tony4310

I see them by the airport all the time too and wave every time I drive by lol. Oh and the link didn't work.

Last edited:

Superlite27

RSVP one more, Rich.

Been a long time since I ate at a Chevy's. So long, I don't even remember what their food is like. Looking forward to seeing you all and enjoying a good meal.

First Schnucks reverses their policy. Then Chevy's.

Who's next? I like the idea of rewarding businesses that change their policies to allow us. Let's get the anti's to start falling like dominoes!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
RSVP one more, Rich.

Glad you can make it officer <evil wink> haven't seen you on the boards as much and was not sure if you would see it in time, glad you did.

I am thinking about chowing down a few TUMs and then ordering up one of those huge hot tamales if they sill have em, the ones wrapped in corn husk mmm then that night oh oh oh lol.

cash50

What about the whole armed gathering ordinance - 6 or more - in St. Charles? Anyone concerned?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Its not a rally, its not a demonstration, its not a political review, it is a dinner I am hosting for guest that wish to attend in celebration of the location changing policies.

I am unconcerned, we are private citizens on private property, the ordinance you are talking about is in reference to public properties as I recall and since each are pretty much paying their own bill there would be no debate anyway.

mspgunner

Its not a rally, its not a demonstration, its not a political review, it is a dinner I am hosting for guest that wish to attend in celebration of the location changing policies.

I am unconcerned, we are private citizens on private property, the ordinance you are talking about is in reference to public properties as I recall and since each are pretty much paying their own bill there would be no debate anyway.

Oh, you arn't buying?

Sorry, some one had to say it!