• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reminder: Janesville OC BBQ at 2pm in Riverside Park on Saturday, May 21st.

gunguy2009

Just a reminder about the OC BBQ in Riverside Park on the 21st at 2pm. Let me know who all is planning on attending. Another chance to put faces to names. The usual BBQ stuff... Brats, burgers, hot dogs, cold salads, chips, and soda. I think it was 1 1/2 or 2mi from the nearest school zone. I'm going to call tomorrow and make sure the pavilion its going to be available and reserve it. It's right on the river, playground equipment about 75ft from the tables and grills. So bring the kids if you want too... Let me know who all is interested and hope to see you there...

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I cannot commit 100% as I have had recent increase in some obligations that will be taking up a lot of my time but if it is at all possible I will be there....

Outdoorsman1

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Had Forgotten About This One!

It isn't too far from me so I will try to be there! Thanks for the reminder!

Wolf1477

Crap! I knew there was a reason I wanted to put my Janesville trip off by a week. Was just down there visiting fambly last weekend. Have fun ya'll.

Madmodder

Going to try and make it, Maybe I can hitch a ride from someone up by Madison, or coming thru Madison. Let me know.

gunguy2009

You dont have to bring anything unless there is something special you want. Wait a second, you know what, I take that back... I want (per person) a box of 100 rounds for .40 S&W... lol jk

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just a reminder about the OC BBQ in Riverside Park on the 21st at 2pm. Let me know who all is planning on attending. Another chance to put faces to names. The usual BBQ stuff... Brats, burgers, hot dogs, cold salads, chips, and soda. I think it was 1 1/2 or 2mi from the nearest school zone. I'm going to call tomorrow and make sure the pavilion its going to be available and reserve it. It's right on the river, playground equipment about 75ft from the tables and grills. So bring the kids if you want too... Let me know who all is interested and hope to see you there...

Are there 'facilities'? Do we have permission to carry inside of them or are going to have to do the dance?

I might make it. We shall see.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A map of Riverside Park in Janesville by the mighty Rock River

o0uubm.jpg

There is a boat ramp in case anybody wants to bring their floaty toys.... :banana:

M

McX

Daaaaamn! i have to work, and cant attend. and wouldnt you know it; i suspect CheeseBurgers may be present!

gunguy2009

Yes, there will be cheeseburgers!! And there are bathrooms directly across the street from the pavilion. I know they lock them through the winter, but should be open by now. If not, we will just stand on the riverbank and relieve ourselves... haha

paul@paul-fisher.com

Yes, there will be cheeseburgers!! And there are bathrooms directly across the street from the pavilion. I know they lock them through the winter, but should be open by now. If not, we will just stand on the riverbank and relieve ourselves... haha

Who owns the bathrooms? Government? If so, do we have permission?

MKEgal

paul@paul-fisher.com said:
Who owns the bathrooms? Government? If so, do we have permission?
OK, this is something I've gone back & forth on for a long time, & have to find the statute.
Is the prohibition against being in any gov't-owned building (other than a parking garage),
or is the prohibition against being in a gov't-owned building where gov't employees work?

I remember reading that there is a difference, an exception for things like parking garages & bathrooms in parks, but don't remember where I read it!! :banghead:

Something about being "a place where gov't employees regularly work" or something like that, & a bathroom just doesn't seem to cut it. I mean, sure, there are cleaners there once in a while (at least I hope there are!), but I don't think it fit the definition.

Anyone else remember that statute?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I believe it is owned by the City as part of the park system. But I will call tomorrow morning and verify this as well as permission to use them.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper but we would need permission of the Chief of Police or Sheriff whose jurisdiction the building falls under. In Baraboo, we couldn't get it and had to do the dance to pee. 941.235 says:
Carrying firearm in public building. (1) Any
person who goes armed with a firearm in any building owned or
leased by the state or any political subdivision of the state is guilty
of a Class A misdemeanor.
(2) This section does not apply to peace officers or armed
forces or military personnel who go armed in the line of duty or
to any person duly authorized by the chief of police of any city,
village or town, the chief of the capitol police, or the sheriff of any
county to possess a firearm in any building under sub
. (1). Notwithstanding
s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this subsection, peace
officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state−
certified commission warden.

emphasis added.

gunguy2009

Paul, that is just for bathroom use, correct? Last year when we the OC BBQ at the same location, when we were there grilling our food and chatting, a Janesville PD officer parked right in front of pavilion, sat there for maybe 2 minutes and pulled off. I'm assuming he was checking the laws on OC, and found none were being broken...

M

McX

all i can say is daaaamn! i cant be there, and it's going to be a good meet too!

someone post pics of the event................and pics of the cheeseburgers!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul, that is just for bathroom use, correct? Last year when we the OC BBQ at the same location, when we were there grilling our food and chatting, a Janesville PD officer parked right in front of pavilion, sat there for maybe 2 minutes and pulled off. I'm assuming he was checking the laws on OC, and found none were being broken...

Yes, a building is defined as an enclosed space (4 walls) and a door. So, a pavilion, legal. Technically a state owned/provided porta-poty would be a building.