• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reminder: Janesville OC BBQ at 2pm in Riverside Park on Saturday, May 21st.

gunguy2009

Just got off the phone with the City of Janesville. The bathrooms and pavilion down there are owned by the city. The pavilion is available both Saturday and Sunday. The pavilion doesnt have walls or a door, just a roof on huge concrete pillars with picnic tables, partial wall with countertop and a water fountain. Although the bathroom is enclosed.

I checked the weather, and one weather station says rain on sat, t-storms on sun. The other says t-storms on sat, and sunny on Sunday?!?! Which day do I make it for? wtf... Would Sunday be a better choice? Seems either way Saturday is a wet day. Plus Sunday, we can get a couple more guys to show up...

paul@paul-fisher.com

I meant the city park system.

OK.... Still stands. Can't use the bathroom while armed unless we have permission from the chief of police.

The pavilion isn't technically a government building since it has open sides. Unless you pee with no walls around you and no door then it is a government building.

Once again, I'm not trying to be a bearer of bad news but since the Janesville Chief made those statements in the paper, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have officers drive by periodically to make sure we are following the letter of the law.

As I said, what was done at the Baraboo picnic was that a gun safe was put outside the bathroom and people pulled their weapon from the holster and put it in the safe while doing their 'business'.

gunguy2009

I will attempt to make contact with him. If for some reason he says no, or unable to reach him by the time of the BBQ, we may have to make a stop at the trunk of our vehicles before going to the bathroom...

keenakid

hey guys, new to the forum! was just researching the CC stuff in attempt to become a law here in WI and found the forum. im in janesville and i wish i could make it so you all could bust my OC cherry. lol. I just found out its legal in WI to carry a couple weeks ago.

unfortunately i cant make it. I only have 2 more weekends till i start my new job and i work every weekend once i start so me and my girlfriend are going to go up north fishing this weekend. If something happens where we dont go ill def stop out there though!

protias

hey guys, new to the forum! was just researching the CC stuff in attempt to become a law here in WI and found the forum. im in janesville and i wish i could make it so you all could bust my OC cherry. lol. I just found out its legal in WI to carry a couple weeks ago.

unfortunately i cant make it. I only have 2 more weekends till i start my new job and i work every weekend once i start so me and my girlfriend are going to go up north fishing this weekend. If something happens where we dont go ill def stop out there though!
If you can't make it to that one, there is one in Delavan first Sunday of every month.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Meet-and-Greet-1st-Sunday-of-the-Month-1-3pm