Thread: Welcom to OC Philly P.D.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Welcom to OC Philly P.D.

The word on OC is getting out, and I love it!
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/st...y-carrying-gun

Awesome... I hope the city has bitten off more than it can chew.

Also, if I was Mr. Forino, I would have put my back to the officer. Hands in the air, back to the officer. That sgt was way out of control and could have plugged him on accident... (or on purpose).. at least the bullet holes in the back would tell a story.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    if we can get through to DPD, i imagine philly is winnable too
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Exclamation

This incident sounds familiar! Hmmmmmm! I hope he does what needs to be done and takes it to Federal Court!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

give me a reason to get that recorder

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    if we can get through to DPD, i imagine philly is winnable too
    Watch this before you decide that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qk0P...&feature=feedu

Sometimes its all about leadership, and leadership in their case doesn't seem to care too much about handling their officers when they turn out to be homicidal lunatics. Detroit at least knows how to make it look like they care in public, mostly.

My educated guess is that Philly is going to require methods much more severe than just about any other PD OCers have had to take on. Having big news organizations covering it will hopefully make it much easier.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i did see that, but my statement was more about a future win, not currently "winning"
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Healy, however, says it comes down to an “officer safety” issue, meaning if an open carrier is spotted, there might be brief police interaction. “I think the officers are well justified in Philadelphia … to do an investigation,” he says. “We just want to confirm that you’re lawful, and we’ll let you go on your way.”
    I thought "officer safety" only came into play once an "investigation", or a "terry stop", has began or occurred... But hey what do I know... He is "the cop"!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Healy, however, says it comes down to an “officer safety” issue, meaning if an open carrier is spotted, there might be brief police interaction. “I think the officers are well justified in Philadelphia … to do an investigation,” he says. “We just want to confirm that you’re lawful, and we’ll let you go on your way.”
    So the police are supposed to be able to stop anyone for engaging in a legal activity just to confirm it is a legal activity so the officer can magnanimously "let you go on your way"? Have we really gotten to the "SHOW YOUR PAPERS!" point already?
    Last edited by Bikenut; 05-19-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Angry

What most people forget in these instances,is when a person points a loaded gun at another person,that provides the threat of death and or great bodily harm required for using deadly force against that person! It does not matter who the person pointing the loaded gun is! Thats the danger of LEO's over stepping their authority against law abiding citizens.Constitutional Rights or Civil Rights being violated is one thing,causing a citizen to be threatened with death and or great bodily harm is what these LEO's and their agencies policies are ignoring,which is totaly dangerous!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Centurion

Angry

Never mind what the CONSTITUTION says, or the behavior or actions of the person carrying---- any time an officer deals with an armed person that person MUST BE THREATENED with potential lethal force as an INITIAL APPROACH TACTIC!

Please read the above with all the sarcasm that can possibly be used and then double it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Never mind what the CONSTITUTION says, or the behavior or actions of the person carrying---- any time an officer deals with an armed person that person MUST BE THREATENED with potential lethal force as an INITIAL APPROACH TACTIC!

Please read the above with all the sarcasm that can possibly be used and then double it!
    Thats why we have to retrain them any way we can to eliminate those lazy tactics!

We must be vigilant,not lazy,like they have been in the job we hired them to do!
    Sarcasm completely understood!CARRY ON!