• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Welcom to OC Philly P.D.

HKcarrier

Awesome... I hope the city has bitten off more than it can chew.

Also, if I was Mr. Forino, I would have put my back to the officer. Hands in the air, back to the officer. That sgt was way out of control and could have plugged him on accident... (or on purpose).. at least the bullet holes in the back would tell a story.

Haman J.T.

This incident sounds familiar! Hmmmmmm! I hope he does what needs to be done and takes it to Federal Court!

Michigander

if we can get through to DPD, i imagine philly is winnable too

Watch this before you decide that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qk0PNljW7M&feature=feedu

Sometimes its all about leadership, and leadership in their case doesn't seem to care too much about handling their officers when they turn out to be homicidal lunatics. Detroit at least knows how to make it look like they care in public, mostly.

My educated guess is that Philly is going to require methods much more severe than just about any other PD OCers have had to take on. Having big news organizations covering it will hopefully make it much easier.

eastmeyers

Healy, however, says it comes down to an “officer safety” issue, meaning if an open carrier is spotted, there might be brief police interaction. “I think the officers are well justified in Philadelphia … to do an investigation,” he says. “We just want to confirm that you’re lawful, and we’ll let you go on your way.”

I thought "officer safety" only came into play once an "investigation", or a "terry stop", has began or occurred... But hey what do I know... He is "the cop"!

B

Bikenut

Healy, however, says it comes down to an “officer safety” issue, meaning if an open carrier is spotted, there might be brief police interaction. “I think the officers are well justified in Philadelphia … to do an investigation,” he says. “We just want to confirm that you’re lawful, and we’ll let you go on your way.”
So the police are supposed to be able to stop anyone for engaging in a legal activity just to confirm it is a legal activity so the officer can magnanimously "let you go on your way"? Have we really gotten to the "SHOW YOUR PAPERS!" point already?

Last edited by a moderator:

Haman J.T.

What most people forget in these instances,is when a person points a loaded gun at another person,that provides the threat of death and or great bodily harm required for using deadly force against that person! It does not matter who the person pointing the loaded gun is! Thats the danger of LEO's over stepping their authority against law abiding citizens.Constitutional Rights or Civil Rights being violated is one thing,causing a citizen to be threatened with death and or great bodily harm is what these LEO's and their agencies policies are ignoring,which is totaly dangerous!

JoeSparky

Centurion
Never mind what the CONSTITUTION says, or the behavior or actions of the person carrying---- any time an officer deals with an armed person that person MUST BE THREATENED with potential lethal force as an INITIAL APPROACH TACTIC!

Please read the above with all the sarcasm that can possibly be used and then double it!

Haman J.T.

Never mind what the CONSTITUTION says, or the behavior or actions of the person carrying---- any time an officer deals with an armed person that person MUST BE THREATENED with potential lethal force as an INITIAL APPROACH TACTIC!

Please read the above with all the sarcasm that can possibly be used and then double it!

Thats why we have to retrain them any way we can to eliminate those lazy tactics!

We must be vigilant,not lazy,like they have been in the job we hired them to do!
Sarcasm completely understood!CARRY ON!