• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Like smith45 says carry a recorder

spinner

I came across this story today and it sounds like a lot of stories we read hear, but this one reminded me of the story smith 45 just posted. CARRY SOMETHING TO RECORD WITH!

A story in today's Philadelphia Daily News shows why it's so important that citizens be allowed to videotape cops - it can be citizens' only way to fight back against police abuse of power.

This incident happened several weeks ago in Philadelphia to Mark Fiorino, a 25-year-old IT worker who carries a gun on his hip at all times for self defense. He got the gun after several friends were mugged.

But he didn't count on attacks by police:

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/s...-shoot-man-legally-carrying-gun#ixzz1Mbp499ED

--Moderator Edited --
See Forum Rule #11.

Maverick9110e

I hope he sues the crap out of them. Although I don't know why the hello he didn't just let the cop search him for his ID. I mean if he has a gun pulled on you the last thing you want to do is reach into your pockets.

spinner

as far as i know this is not a stop a frisk state.If you break the law and be detained for a crime thats fine. other wise The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures, along with requiring any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. It was adopted as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

Northerner

as far as i know this is not a stop a frisk state.If you break the law and be detained for a crime thats fine. other wise The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures, along with requiring any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause. It was adopted as a response to the abuse of the writ of assistance, which is a type of general search warrant, in the American Revolution. Search and arrest should be limited in scope according to specific information supplied to the issuing court, usually by a law enforcement officer, who has sworn by it.

INAL but if I played one on TV....

1) If able, this is a good time to turn on your personal recorder and lock the screen. 2) Don't PHYSICALLY refuse or fight a physical hands on frisk or pat down. 3) Simple state "I will not physically resist, but I do not consent to this illegal search or seizure." REPEAT as necessary.