• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VOTE TODAY - Second Amendment Recommendations!

Liberty4Ever

I'm not a single issue voter, but support of our gun rights is probably first, second and third on my list. If elected officials don't trust me with my guns, I don't trust them with my government!

I lump politicians into three basic categories.

Anti-Gun Nanny State Ninnies -Fortunately, we have few of these in Kentucky. Most of them are in Louisville and Lexington. Examples are Representative Mary Lou Marzian of Louisville and Senator Kathy Stein of Lexington.

Pro-Gun - We have a few of these, but not enough. Examples are Representative Mike Harmon of Danville and Senator John Schickel of Union.

Fence Riders - The vast majority of Kentucky politicians know better than to cross gun owners, but they're not pro-gun. They may vote pro-gun because they know they need to do so to stay in office, but they don't sponsor pro-gun legislation and when they are in leadership positions, they quietly keep pro-gun legislation off the schedule and work behind the scenes to prevent it from moving forward. Senate President David Williams is the prime example of this sort of fence rider. As far as I'm concerned, he was in the leadership position and his lack of support for the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act allowed the antis to win that battle. He wouldn't even talk to me about the bill.

Today is the primary election day for state races in Kentucky, and that's where the important races are won or lost most of the time. Slack off today, and we get the lesser of two evils choice again in November. VOTE!

I'm voting for Phil Moffett and Mike Harmon for governor and lieutenant governor. These guys are 100% pro-gun and have the GOA endorsement. The NRA didn't endorse either candidate because Phil Moffett isn't a career politician so he has no voting record, and they aren't happy with Williams' lack of support on their pro-gun legislation.

Phil Moffett and Mike Harmon are also pro-liberty. They'll get the federal government out of our business, simplify and reduce our taxes, and have REAL balanced budgets as opposed to Williams' last ten budgets that were balanced with bond debt that took Kentucky from $3 billion in debt to $44 billion in debt. I have a LOT of reasons not to vote for Williams. Contact me for the details.

You can check out your sample ballot here.
http://apps.sos.ky.gov/electionballots

I'm voting for the following in the Republican primary:

Moffett - www.PhilMoffett.com
Johnson - www.KentuckyBill.com
Kemper - www.AuditKY.com
Comer - www.JamesComer.com

No fair complaining if you don't even bother to vote! The polls are open until 6 PM, turnout will be low at about 9%, so no waiting this time, and your vote counts extra because so few people bother to vote in this important election.

Feel free to forward this to anyone who might find it useful.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Well we Almost succeeded in getting moffet to the election. It was much closer than I had anticipated, my only hope is that he will run in the next primary and raise some more money to campaign a lil better. If he does run I will go out and help get his name known the best I can, which I should've done more of this primary. If Williams had not had so much media attention maybe we could've pulled it off, looks like 4 more years of this ridiculousness, with either man.