Thread: "The Perfect Day" by LTC (RET) Dave Grossman

"The Perfect Day" by LTC (RET) Dave Grossman

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=41640

This article is great and scary if the perfect day ever happens.

It hits the nail on the head and echoes my thoughts on an armed society.

I wonder if the perfect day will be coming to the USA soon or not. :-(

"Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed."

Mathematically speaking, The Perfect Day < The Perfect Shot < The Perfect Citizen.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Mathematically speaking, The Perfect Day < The Perfect Shot < The Perfect Citizen.
    The sad thing is that for the perfect shot to come from the perfect citizen then need to be armed when it happens. I would guestimate that <1% of people OC/CC so it would be a matter of luck if someone in the vicinity was armed. Of course they probably also will choose gun free zones to target which would make the percentage worse by our own laws!

Heavy reading.

Interesting. Will they try it? Why wouldn't they try it? And, please note in the article, it wasn't just muslims. What about the many groups of disgrundled "minorities" within the borders of America? Will they just stand by or will they take their shot at the title too?

I think it would be safe to say that we, as a nation and a society, will be completely unprepared for this event, should it happen. Just like the British in his example. Do you have a plan for your family? Does your community?

I like to think that I have a handle on societal breakdown planning for my family. I really hadn't thought about this type of event though. Food for thought. Thanks for posting the fine article.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

I think the one thing that keeps something like this happening in the US is that unlike India in the 1800's, the vast majority of Islamic immigrants in the US today--just like most natural-born American citizens--are too stupid, fat, lazy, squeemish and cowardly to actually participate in something so "active"...

Not criticizing any specific group--I'm just saying I think that vast majority of our population is so paralyzed with fear generated by the Presstitutes in the media, and has been so dumbed down through our "education" system, that they are intellectually incapable of any sort of extreme action like this on a large scale.

Maybe a few hundred people might actually be capable of such an operation in the US, but certainly not on the scale of the First Indian Uprising...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-18-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

The article says that Israel is an "armed society" with "armed citizenry". I thought only military could carry arms in Israel. Granted, their military carries arms everywhere they go, but the average citizen cannot carry a gun (unless I'm gravely mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bradburn View Post
    The article says that Israel is an "armed society" with "armed citizenry". I thought only military could carry arms in Israel. Granted, their military carries arms everywhere they go, but the average citizen cannot carry a gun (unless I'm gravely mistaken).
    I think you are mistaken but don't have any confirmation. I have seen several news footages of average settlers walking around with uzi's so I assumed that anyone can carry.

One other point you might have forgot is that everyone in Israel is the military. :-) All have to serve at least two years.

Thank you for sharing this, Jim. I think I will also borrow a quote from it. Perhaps one of Jefferson's.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)