• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"The Perfect Day" by LTC (RET) Dave Grossman

45acpForMe

Mathematically speaking, The Perfect Day < The Perfect Shot < The Perfect Citizen.

The sad thing is that for the perfect shot to come from the perfect citizen then need to be armed when it happens. I would guestimate that <1% of people OC/CC so it would be a matter of luck if someone in the vicinity was armed. Of course they probably also will choose gun free zones to target which would make the percentage worse by our own laws! :banghead:

Freedom First

Heavy reading.

Interesting. Will they try it? Why wouldn't they try it? And, please note in the article, it wasn't just muslims. What about the many groups of disgrundled "minorities" within the borders of America? Will they just stand by or will they take their shot at the title too?

I think it would be safe to say that we, as a nation and a society, will be completely unprepared for this event, should it happen. Just like the British in his example. Do you have a plan for your family? Does your community?

I like to think that I have a handle on societal breakdown planning for my family. I really hadn't thought about this type of event though. Food for thought. Thanks for posting the fine article.

Dreamer

I think the one thing that keeps something like this happening in the US is that unlike India in the 1800's, the vast majority of Islamic immigrants in the US today--just like most natural-born American citizens--are too stupid, fat, lazy, squeemish and cowardly to actually participate in something so "active"...

Not criticizing any specific group--I'm just saying I think that vast majority of our population is so paralyzed with fear generated by the Presstitutes in the media, and has been so dumbed down through our "education" system, that they are intellectually incapable of any sort of extreme action like this on a large scale.

Maybe a few hundred people might actually be capable of such an operation in the US, but certainly not on the scale of the First Indian Uprising...

Last edited:

Greg Bradburn

The article says that Israel is an "armed society" with "armed citizenry". I thought only military could carry arms in Israel. Granted, their military carries arms everywhere they go, but the average citizen cannot carry a gun (unless I'm gravely mistaken).

45acpForMe

The article says that Israel is an "armed society" with "armed citizenry". I thought only military could carry arms in Israel. Granted, their military carries arms everywhere they go, but the average citizen cannot carry a gun (unless I'm gravely mistaken).

I think you are mistaken but don't have any confirmation. I have seen several news footages of average settlers walking around with uzi's so I assumed that anyone can carry.

One other point you might have forgot is that everyone in Israel is the military. :) All have to serve at least two years.