Thread: "Law & Order: LA" last night; citizen with gun & conceal permit portrayed positively

"Law & Order: LA" last night; citizen with gun & conceal permit portrayed positively

http://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-los...-tract/1327623

Basically they recreated the Giffords shooting.

Citizen CCW, a rare sight on TV! And it's a black guy in LA!!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

Detailed episode recap somewhere? Below is from wikipedia:

"When a crazed gunman named Larry Shepard open fires during a rally with State Senator Celeste Kelman, seven innocent people are killed including the Senator. With the help of modern technology, Detectives Morales and Jaruszalski identify a solid lead and possible motive for the shooting. At the DDA's office, tensions are running high when DDA's Dekker and Rubirosa disagree on how to handle the case. And meanwhile, TJ gets himself into a sticky situation as he continues his quest to find his dead partner's killer."

Or are there any particular minute marks to watch? (I generally find police procedurals to be tedious.)
    Last edited by mahkagari; 05-17-2011 at 04:57 PM.

The creator of that show is a extremely left leaning liberal and I wont put it past him that he will use this character in another episode as the typical blood thirst gun owner who goes on a killing spree. As well with all those other crimes shows that have as much related in real reality as whinny the pooh has to real bears.The scary part is so many idiot think this is what happens in real life. Real life almost never makes sense, stories/lies have to fit together perfectly to work
    Last edited by zack991; 05-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    The creator of that show is a extremely left leaning liberal ...
    Really? I don't know. However, I have watched shows from the franchise since its inception. I found them to put forth a lot of conservative principles (primarily) with the occasional lefty counterpoint provided by one of the DA's lawyers. The DAs themselves usually presented conservative values. The SVU incarnation took a huge left turn, and I stopped watching it in the second or third year. The original show started moving left about five or six years ago, and I stopped watching it. The LA version doesn't seem to have a bent, but I have only watched two episodes.

Criminal intent is the crown jewel of the set and seems to have no leaning one way or the other, just a looney-tunes cop getting into the minds of really weird criminals.

I watched the episode. The depiction of the CCer seemed very benign, without any of the usual hints inserted preparatory to any later use.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Really? I don't know. However, I have watched shows from the franchise since its inception. I found them to put forth a lot of conservative principles (primarily) with the occasional lefty counterpoint provided by one of the DA's lawyers.
    I liked the original Law & Order (dun-DUNH!) which was hardly unbiased, but all of the spinoffs have been terribly exploitive.

I'm 1:50 into this episode from the link provided above, and the camera focused on a Glock with a 33 round magazine, followed by a cop saying, "He didn't even pause to reload, must have been an extended mag."

I paused the video to reply, just as they're speaking to the black gentleman in a blue windbreaker who wishes he hadn't stopped to buy a soda, otherwise he would have been there to stop it. (Aside: when hearing him say "I wish I could have stopped it", the police response is, "Did you know the shooter?"

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Really? I don't know. However, I have watched shows from the franchise since its inception. I found them to put forth a lot of conservative principles (primarily) with the occasional lefty counterpoint provided by one of the DA's lawyers. The DAs themselves usually presented conservative values. The SVU incarnation took a huge left turn, and I stopped watching it in the second or third year. The original show started moving left about five or six years ago, and I stopped watching it. The LA version doesn't seem to have a bent, but I have only watched two episodes.

Criminal intent is the crown jewel of the set and seems to have no leaning one way or the other, just a looney-tunes cop getting into the minds of really weird criminals.

CI is great, but star Vincent D'Onofrio doesn't think you should be allowed to own Hi-cap mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLthSyDQ8a0

Banned
    Who cares what D'Onofrio thinks? I don't.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

BMWAG and a permit.....in LA.......right, sure.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    BMWAG and a permit.....in LA.......right, sure.

I don't know. With multiple restraining orders, and convictions for drug possession and assault, Sean Penn is still able to get a CA LCCP. So a law-abiding citizen of ANY race should be able to get a permit, if they are wealthy and well-connected enough...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ackin-peacenik

So if the man portrayed in this TV show met two of the "three Ws", he very well could have a valid CA permit. (The "Three Ws" are Wealthy, Well-Connected, and White--the three fundamental requirements to getting a permit in states like CA, MD, NJ, and their ilk...)

I don't mean nothin' by that, I'm just sayin'...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Worth a Try?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I don't know. With multiple restraining orders, and convictions for drug possession and assault, Sean Penn is still able to get a CA LCCP. So a law-abiding citizen of ANY race should be able to get a permit, if they are wealthy and well-connected enough...

So if the man portrayed in this TV show met two of the "three Ws", he very well could have a valid CA permit. (The "Three Ws" are Wealthy, Well-Connected, and White--the three fundamental requirements to getting a permit in states like CA, MD, NJ, and their ilk...)

What's the chance we can get someone like Sean Penn to sigh on to the 2A program and get some traction for us?
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

Edward James Olmos got one, but he had to get several death threats after making American Me first.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDailey X-NRA View Post
    What's the chance we can get someone like Sean Penn to sigh on to the 2A program and get some traction for us?
    Sean Penn has been reported/discussed as seriously anti-gun for the rest of us. While he apparently has a CHP, it has also been reported several times regarding negligent discharges and weapons being left in vehicles that were subsequently stolen. Google "Is Sean Penn anti-gun?"

Not exactly what I would look for in a poster boy.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

well,,

my poster boy is from detroit!

bump away from the spam i reported below..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!