• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Law & Order: LA" last night; citizen with gun & conceal permit portrayed positively

mahkagari

http://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-los-angeles/video/hayden-tract/1327623

Basically they recreated the Giffords shooting.

Citizen CCW, a rare sight on TV! And it's a black guy in LA!!

Detailed episode recap somewhere? Below is from wikipedia:

"When a crazed gunman named Larry Shepard open fires during a rally with State Senator Celeste Kelman, seven innocent people are killed including the Senator. With the help of modern technology, Detectives Morales and Jaruszalski identify a solid lead and possible motive for the shooting. At the DDA's office, tensions are running high when DDA's Dekker and Rubirosa disagree on how to handle the case. And meanwhile, TJ gets himself into a sticky situation as he continues his quest to find his dead partner's killer."

Or are there any particular minute marks to watch? (I generally find police procedurals to be tedious.)

Last edited:

zack991

http://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-los-angeles/video/hayden-tract/1327623

Basically they recreated the Giffords shooting.

Citizen CCW, a rare sight on TV! And it's a black guy in LA!!
The creator of that show is a extremely left leaning liberal and I wont put it past him that he will use this character in another episode as the typical blood thirst gun owner who goes on a killing spree. As well with all those other crimes shows that have as much related in real reality as whinny the pooh has to real bears.The scary part is so many idiot think this is what happens in real life. Real life almost never makes sense, stories/lies have to fit together perfectly to work

Last edited:

eye95

The creator of that show is a extremely left leaning liberal ...

Really? I don't know. However, I have watched shows from the franchise since its inception. I found them to put forth a lot of conservative principles (primarily) with the occasional lefty counterpoint provided by one of the DA's lawyers. The DAs themselves usually presented conservative values. The SVU incarnation took a huge left turn, and I stopped watching it in the second or third year. The original show started moving left about five or six years ago, and I stopped watching it. The LA version doesn't seem to have a bent, but I have only watched two episodes.

Criminal intent is the crown jewel of the set and seems to have no leaning one way or the other, just a looney-tunes cop getting into the minds of really weird criminals.

KBCraig

Really? I don't know. However, I have watched shows from the franchise since its inception. I found them to put forth a lot of conservative principles (primarily) with the occasional lefty counterpoint provided by one of the DA's lawyers.

I liked the original Law & Order (dun-DUNH!) which was hardly unbiased, but all of the spinoffs have been terribly exploitive.

I'm 1:50 into this episode from the link provided above, and the camera focused on a Glock with a 33 round magazine, followed by a cop saying, "He didn't even pause to reload, must have been an extended mag."

I paused the video to reply, just as they're speaking to the black gentleman in a blue windbreaker who wishes he hadn't stopped to buy a soda, otherwise he would have been there to stop it. (Aside: when hearing him say "I wish I could have stopped it", the police response is, "Did you know the shooter?"

SavageOne

Really? I don't know. However, I have watched shows from the franchise since its inception. I found them to put forth a lot of conservative principles (primarily) with the occasional lefty counterpoint provided by one of the DA's lawyers. The DAs themselves usually presented conservative values. The SVU incarnation took a huge left turn, and I stopped watching it in the second or third year. The original show started moving left about five or six years ago, and I stopped watching it. The LA version doesn't seem to have a bent, but I have only watched two episodes.

Criminal intent is the crown jewel of the set and seems to have no leaning one way or the other, just a looney-tunes cop getting into the minds of really weird criminals.

CI is great, but star Vincent D'Onofrio doesn't think you should be allowed to own Hi-cap mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLthSyDQ8a0

Dreamer

BMWAG and a permit.....in LA.......right, sure. :p

I don't know. With multiple restraining orders, and convictions for drug possession and assault, Sean Penn is still able to get a CA LCCP. So a law-abiding citizen of ANY race should be able to get a permit, if they are wealthy and well-connected enough...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/sean-penn-pistol-packin-peacenik

So if the man portrayed in this TV show met two of the "three Ws", he very well could have a valid CA permit. (The "Three Ws" are Wealthy, Well-Connected, and White--the three fundamental requirements to getting a permit in states like CA, MD, NJ, and their ilk...)

I don't mean nothin' by that, I'm just sayin'...

EricDailey X-NRA

Worth a Try?

I don't know. With multiple restraining orders, and convictions for drug possession and assault, Sean Penn is still able to get a CA LCCP. So a law-abiding citizen of ANY race should be able to get a permit, if they are wealthy and well-connected enough...

So if the man portrayed in this TV show met two of the "three Ws", he very well could have a valid CA permit. (The "Three Ws" are Wealthy, Well-Connected, and White--the three fundamental requirements to getting a permit in states like CA, MD, NJ, and their ilk...)

What's the chance we can get someone like Sean Penn to sigh on to the 2A program and get some traction for us?

mahkagari

Edward James Olmos got one, but he had to get several death threats after making American Me first.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What's the chance we can get someone like Sean Penn to sigh on to the 2A program and get some traction for us?

Sean Penn has been reported/discussed as seriously anti-gun for the rest of us. While he apparently has a CHP, it has also been reported several times regarding negligent discharges and weapons being left in vehicles that were subsequently stolen. Google "Is Sean Penn anti-gun?"

Not exactly what I would look for in a poster boy.