• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another solid win!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Dierbergs responded, not just to carry but OPEN CARRY as well.

FREAKIN Fantastic week!!!!!!

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your email concerning the events at our Bogey Hills store
over the weekend.
Our policy on Open Carry is that we will follow the state and local laws
in regards to the possession of legal weapons in our locations. Please
note that the local laws vary depending on the location of a particular
store. Should a customer express a concern in regards to an individual
carrying either an open or concealed weapon we will suggest that they
contact the local police to investigate the circumstances.

I apologize if there was confusion on the part of our manager. We will
take the necessary steps to make sure that our managers understand how
to handle these situations in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Dierbergs.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXX edited
Dierbergs Customer Relations Manager

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Response sent:

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I have indeed posted the content of your reply back to the same location where the story began. I expect it to be VERY well received and would like to thank you and the Dierbergs team for respecting the rights of all persons whom conduct themselves in a legal manner.

It is a great relief not to have to feel compelled to shift my shopping elsewhere over an issue that is very important to myself and a great many others as well. We are aware we do not have everyone's support nor do we require it, we simply ask for the respect, the same respect we give others to make their choices as well.

One of the groups I support is in the planning stages of a BBQ this year, I will be quite happy to purchase my portion of the foods for it at Dierbergs.

Thank you again

Rich

Tony4310

Glad to see this. Now the question will be. Will management get a letter stating this as well from Corporate?

cshoff

Dierbergs has always been 2nd Amendment friendly, to my knowledge. I was definitely puzzled when I read cash's post the other day. Good to see they are still advocate a policy of being respectful of the rights of the law abiding.

Tony4310

Doesn't mean the managers are. That manager might of known and just not cared! Probably didn't expect to be turned in either.

cshoff

Doesn't mean the managers are. That manager might of known and just not cared! Probably didn't expect to be turned in either.

No argument here. That said, a "corporate policy" of being 2nd Amendment friendly is about all we can ask for. A store manager ALWAYS has the final say-so on what takes place in his/her store, regardless of any corporate policy. What the store manager says is pretty much gospel.

Article1section23

No argument here. That said, a "corporate policy" of being 2nd Amendment friendly is about all we can ask for. A store manager ALWAYS has the final say-so on what takes place in his/her store, regardless of any corporate policy. What the store manager says is pretty much gospel.

Cshoff, your right....corporate policy doesn't mean anything...I mean...a store manager can do what ever they want....like have deceptive hiring practices or performing sexual harassment of the female (or male) team members OR.....

Pull your head out.

Good on you LMTD.

cshoff

Cshoff, your right....corporate policy doesn't mean anything...I mean...a store manager can do what ever they want....like have deceptive hiring practices or performing sexual harassment of the female (or male) team members OR.....

Pull your head out.

Good on you LMTD.

Not sure what you are getting at, but the store manager ALWAYS has say-so over what happens in his or her store right now, regardless of any company policy. For example, Dierbergs could publish a company policy that said, "Lawfully carried firearms, open are concealed, are allowed in all of our Dierbergs locations", yet a manager could ask you to leave because you are carrying and YOU WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE or be arrested for trespassing. Sure, that manager could later be disciplined by corporate, but that is completely irrelevant to the person who was just asked to leave for carrying a firearm.

So if your "pull your head out" comment was directed at me, I recommend you actually have an understanding how the rights of a person who has authority over a piece of property work before you attempt to berate someone who does.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yep, manager acts as agent for owner and word commands the same power under law, everything else is a civil matter.

Tell you to leave, keep the protest small while heading to the door and if the cops arrive you had better listen carefully or you might get a ride.

The manager is responsible to the owner for actions but again, a CIVIL matter not anything more.

Last edited:

Tony4310

I worked at a place with a manager like that. His exact words were " IT' MAYBE A CORP. STORE,BUT IT'S MY STORE. I SAY WHAT DOES AND DOESN'T HAPPEN REGARDLESS WHAT CORP. SAYS. THEY DON'T LIKE IT, FIRE ME,BUT CORP. WON'T TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY STORE". He wasn't fun to work for lol. Lucky for us though that starbucks managers seem to obey corp. policy so far.

Last edited:

cash50

Not sure what you are getting at, but the store manager ALWAYS has say-so over what happens in his or her store right now, regardless of any company policy. For example, Dierbergs could publish a company policy that said, "Lawfully carried firearms, open are concealed, are allowed in all of our Dierbergs locations", yet a manager could ask you to leave because you are carrying and YOU WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE or be arrested for trespassing. Sure, that manager could later be disciplined by corporate, but that is completely irrelevant to the person who was just asked to leave for carrying a firearm.

So if your "pull your head out" comment was directed at me, I recommend you actually have an understanding how the rights of a person who has authority over a piece of property work before you attempt to berate someone who does.

Exactly. If she tells me to go again I'm going, and never shopping at Dierberg's again; that's a PITA to go shopping twice in a row. That's why I'm going to keep a copy of the email with me if I go there again. This lady was so scared I almost feel bad. But she lied to me - either out of ignorance or her own will.

Festus_Hagen

Exactly. If she tells me to go again I'm going, and never shopping at Dierberg's again; that's a PITA to go shopping twice in a row. That's why I'm going to keep a copy of the email with me if I go there again. This lady was so scared I almost feel bad. But she lied to me - either out of ignorance or her own will.

While I know it's legal and she has the right and all that, it's still pretty messed up if it's because she's scared OR ignorant. I think some of these business places are feeling the crunch because of the economy so may be more willing to overlook a few "fears" for a buck. It will be interesting to see if she says anything the next time you go there . :D