• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Contact your Legislators Again (follow up after public hearing)

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I know that everyone contacted their legislators when the two concealed carry bills were introduced... you did contact them right... anyways, the turnout for Constitutional Carry (Right-to-Carry) was overwhelming, you need to contact your representatives and remind them of that fact.

Ask them to vote with the people of Wisconsin, the people at these meetings spoke up loud and clear, we want Constitutional Carry (Right-to-Carry)!!!!!!!

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to one of my legislators, us it as you please...

Hello Senator Wanggaard-

I've emailed you in the past asking that you support Constitutional Carry (Right-to-Carry), you even placed a call to me regarding the issue to explain your thoughts, which I greatly appreciated. However, I'm emailing you again asking that you change your position regarding the training requirement for concealed carry in Wisconsin.

Last week there was a public hearing in Wausau regarding the Constitutional Carry Bill and Shall Issue Bill. There was OVERWHELMING support for the Constitutional Carry / Right-to-Carry bill at that hearing.

And while the public hearing in Madison was about the Shall-Issue concealed carry bill, and didn't directly address Constitutional Carry / Right-to-Carry, many people spoke out about how they did not want to see training or permitting in the Shall-Issue bill. What they were asking for was Constitutional Carry / Right-to-Carry legislation. I wasn't at this meeting, however, I watch the recorded video on Wisconsin Eye and the number of people asking for Constitutional Carry and/or no training requirement greatly outnumbered the people talking of providing training.

I ask that you vote with the people of Wisconsin and not with what you might believe should be done. You represent the people, and the people of Wisconsin are asking for Constitutional Carry / Right-to-Carry.

Thanks for your time,
Sign Your Name & Address

Lets keep the pressure on them!!!!!

Carry on.