• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fighting dirty?

Las Vegan

Three simple rules:

1. Always be armed.
2. Always be situationally aware.
3. There are no rules in a fight.

The first thing I learned in martial arts was to walk or talk my way out of a confrontation (you can't lose a fight if you aren't in it). The second thing I learned involved a jab to the throat followed in quick succession by a kick to the groin and a hammer fist to the back of the head. Anyone who chooses to hurt me or my loved ones has signed a virtual waiver of liability. Of course they are free to renegotiate afterwards.

OldCurlyWolf

Three simple rules:

1. Always be armed.
2. Always be situationally aware.
3. There are no rules in a fight.

The first thing I learned in martial arts was to walk or talk my way out of a confrontation (you can't lose a fight if you aren't in it). The second thing I learned involved a jab to the throat(Spear hand, Nukite or fist?) followed in quick succession by a kick to the groin(Knees are easier to hit & not nearly as well guarded on males.) and a hammer fist to the back of the head(Occipital area? Followed by a toe or heal on the point of the tailbone?). Anyone who chooses to hurt me or my loved ones has signed a virtual waiver of liability. Of course they are free to renegotiate afterwards.

:cool:

Las Vegan

(Spear hand, Nukite or fist?)
Spear hand: fingers together and extended. This along with turning your body back and to the side creates a smaller targer while extending your reach. When the hand is swept up from below you add surprise.

(Knees are easier to hit & not nearly as well guarded on males.)
After a jab to the throat, typically your dance partner is not thinking about protecting his groin.

(Occipital area? Followed by a toe or heal on the point of the tailbone?)
Sure, feel free to add damage after attacking the throat and groin and then smashing the attacker to the ground. Me, I'll be walking away at this point.

Last edited:

j4l

If it comes down to it, and a fight just cannot be avoided, then do what you gotta do.
Fights of any kind arent scripted,movie-style events with choreographers and stunt-doubles, so thoughts of "if this, then im going to.." mm no.
Adapt, use what you have at hand-or the hands themselves,as best you can-no rules, no mercy.

Las Vegan

By the way, I wasn't trying to sell a particular technique. I was responding to the original question by saying that if you can't avoid a confrontation then attack with everything that you have. Cause pain and if needed do damage. The only rule is to prevail.

ymmv

j4l

By the way, I wasn't trying to sell a particular technique. I was responding to the original question by saying that if you can't avoid a confrontation then attack with everything that you have. Cause pain and if needed do damage. The only rule is to prevail.

ymmv

Nah, wasnt directing that at you, or anyone in particular-just a general statement.
This kind of post almost always brings out the mall-ninjas and "chuck norris for a day" types who seem to have some vision already mapped out in their heads of what they are going to do if BG does this or that.Usually folks who've never had an encounter of any kind, and havent yet experienced the joys of a visit from Mr. Murphy and Co.

Last edited:

Shovelhead

Going into any confrontation my plan has never been to shake the opponents's hand and go out for a beer afterwards.