• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ranges?

carry for myself

anyone know some good FREE ranges in southern maine? or just some sandpits where its legal to shoot? my girl wants to learn to shoot, and is buying herself a sig p250. but shes never fired a round in her life. want to bring her somewhere to let some lead loose . any ideas?

WantsToCarry

I have a 'at home range' set up in Andro county. Im in the country so in the years I or my family has been shooting, only one (1) time have he had a officer show up at my house.

And that was because a male was in my field (Didnt ask for permission mind you) to fish the brook that goes through my property. We don't hassle people over it as long as they leave it the way they found it. We were shooting my brothers 300 Win Mag at a empty propane tank (Yes it was VERY much empty. Tanks make great targets for sighting in rifle scope because you can see where the bullet hits easily through the scope :) )

He called the police saying we were trying to shoot him, and blow him up. State trooper and game warden show up, we tell him whats up Officer says "No problems here..have a good day" I have a 4-5 foot tall dirt/grass noel I had put it as a back stop. On top of that, where we shoot is raised so shooting long rifle into the field is more than safe! If your ever in the LA area or want to come by and shoot sometime, PM me and I'll see when is good for the both of us!

Maine CWP Training

100 yard rifle, 2 pistol trap ranges and archery under construction. Older Google Earth image is here. Members get combinations to gate and clubhouse where you can buy targets, soda, water, chips...