• Shoulder Rig - Vertical Draw

3 6.82%
  • Pocket Carry - No Holster needed

7 15.91%
  • Purse Carry - No Holster needed

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of Holster will you be using for Concealment ?

What type of Holster will you be using for Concealment ?

Hit the poll too
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Fobus paddle. Same one I use now. Well... Iwb once I figure out what 1911 I want to go with. :-)

galco concealment outside the waistband holster.

Pocket carry for my 380 summertime comfort. But to be clear you should not pocket carry without a pocket holster. Without one it leaves the trigger too open for accidental discharge when taking it out at the end of the day. A pocket holster also keeps the gun positioned the right way in your pocket.

I didn't see OWB so I picked IWB. I'll be using both.

PS -- I need a good gun belt. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend $200 but I guess I will if I have to. Can a good gun belt be had for under $100?
    Last edited by Trip20; 05-18-2011 at 08:42 AM.

CrossBreed IWB, ankle, and pocket. I do need to find a small of the back holster for my SP101.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post

PS -- I need a good gun belt. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend $200 but I guess I will if I have to. Can a good gun belt be had for under $100?
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Gu...%2cProductName

http://www.thebeltman.net/testimonials.htm
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Galco has a good selection of gun belts as well. About $100 for their contoured ones, or less. ill be getting that when I get my holster

Crossbreed belts are around $60 a piece. Heard very good things about them. IIRC Hardballer also has belts for sale, don't remember the price.

Edit: wow, didn't take long for everyone to answer at once<g>

BTW, for holsters I have my Serpa OWB (3 - 3:30) and the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe IWB (3:30 - 5 so not quite SOB).
    Last edited by Wolf1477; 05-18-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Crossbreed supertuck deluxe

For the rare times I conceal I use a Supertuck for my Taurus 945 and the Uncle Mike's #12 ankle for my TCP .380. Both are comfortable and I can make both handguns disappear completely. But, I just OC most of the time with a Serpa CQC for my 945. Stainless, the ultimate fashion statement...
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

I love my Galco Dress Belts. They are nice enough to be worn with slacks or a suit, but aren't so flashy as to look out of place with jeans. I wear them just about every day, and have even gotten compliments on them while not carrying. I have one in black & one in havana brown. They can be purchased here for $61.56 with free shipping:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-sb...lt-sb3-32.html

One other thought: If you do order from Optics Planet (or anywhere else for that matter) be sure to specify that they ship the belts loosely, not rolled up tightly.
    Last edited by cbpeck; 05-18-2011 at 12:28 PM.

For the times when I'm not OCing...

I often CC with my Tucker Texas Heritage IWB. However, sometimes I'll CC OWB in a Galco Concealable Belt Holster. It all depends where I'm going, what I'm wearing & what I'm doing that day.

IMO, OWB should've been a choice as well.

Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB for the XD40 subcompact. I need to try an IWB for my RIA 1911, just to have another option.

For a belt, I bought an Amish handmade belt. $30 and it's a tank.

None of the above. I always use my Black-hawk Serpa holster.
    Last edited by zack991; 05-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Pocket mostly, for the BUG. Still looking for something I like for the .45

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB for the XD40 subcompact. I need to try an IWB for my RIA 1911, just to have another option.

For a belt, I bought an Amish handmade belt. $30 and it's a tank.
    I'm kinda looking into the ria. Any complaints?

Walmart usually stocks a good selection of Dickie's belts that are double stitched and have two prongs. I have one that's about 1 3/4" wide and it works nicely with either my IWB or my black hawk SERPA paddle mounted holster. They run about $12. Also, a good place to look would be anywhere work clothing is sold. Farm and fleet, Farm King, and western wear retailers. you may even find something in a military surplus store.

Other "Duty" type belts are generally to wide/thick for casual attire and require keepers to attatch them to another belt and those can run a lot of coin.

Last edited by Nevada carrier; 05-19-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    I'm kinda looking into the ria. Any complaints?
    I've put ~50 rounds through it so far with no issues at all. I love how it fits in my hand, and how it shoots. So no, no complaints. If I wanted a second 1911 I'd buy another RIA in a heartbeat.

I rock the KHOLSTER.

www.kholster.com

Cheaper than all the other IWB holsters, good warrenty, easy to modify to fit you just how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Walmart usually stocks a good selection of Dickie's belts that are double stitched and have two prongs. I have one that's about 1 3/4" wide and it works nicely with either my IWB or my black hawk SERPA paddle mounted holster. They run about $12. Also, a good place to look would be anywhere work clothing is sold. Farm and fleet, Farm King, and western wear retailers. you may even find something in a military surplus store.

Other "Duty" type belts are generally to wide/thick for casual attire and require keepers to attatch them to another belt and those can run a lot of coin.
    How long have you had your belt, and is it holding up well?

I bought a Dickie's belt (single prong, but otherwise felt quite sturdy) two years ago, but after less than a year of daily use I had to retire it - the belt was getting floppy and worn, some stitching was coming out, and the notch I used most often was getting pretty reamed out. That's when I gave up on the fake leather stuff and got the real leather Amish belt I linked earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I rock the KHOLSTER.

www.kholster.com

Cheaper than all the other IWB holsters, good warrenty, easy to modify to fit you just how you like it.
    +1, Kholster's awesome! I think the best part about them is that you get them natural and untreated. The customization is the fun part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9166.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	5918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9219.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	5919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9159.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	5920  
    Last edited by snatale42; 05-21-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    How long have you had your belt, and is it holding up well?

I bought a Dickie's belt (single prong, but otherwise felt quite sturdy) two years ago, but after less than a year of daily use I had to retire it - the belt was getting floppy and worn, some stitching was coming out, and the notch I used most often was getting pretty reamed out. That's when I gave up on the fake leather stuff and got the real leather Amish belt I linked earlier.
    i had to do the same with a dickies belt from walmart.. their good at first then get to flimsy, i just sucked it up and bought a good 5.11 Operator belt. its 1.75 inches wide and has a stiff insert so you can have a heavy gun and wont sag or flop
    but i CC with a crossbreed supertuck for my glock 22
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you’ll find me in a pile of brass.” – Trooper M. Padgett

I use a Remora no clip IWB holster for my Taurus 740 Slim

http://remoraholsters.com/

I carry appendix style but on the left side (I'm a lefty). I got a kholster style holster from a local guy, but I need to contact him because I have a few issues with it (I need the holster slightly canted to properly conceal the grip and the gun seems a bit loose in the holster compared to all of the models he had).

EDIT: I forgot to post what I currently use. It's a Blackhawk IWB nylon holster. It's pretty comfortable, I just wish it had a better clip as I don't like how the plastic clip seems to bend a bit under the weight of my XDm (the plastic clip is fine with my wife's TCP).
    Last edited by Aknazer; 05-30-2011 at 02:05 AM.

You may want to check out the Amish work belts for $26.00 at Hank's Clolthing. I own 3 and use them almost every day.Great for carrying a fairly heavy handgun.
    Mitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast