• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What type of Holster will you be using for Concealment ?

What type of Holster will you be using for Concealment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mlutz

Fobus paddle. Same one I use now. Well... Iwb once I figure out what 1911 I want to go with. :)

Canard

Pocket carry for my 380 summertime comfort. But to be clear you should not pocket carry without a pocket holster. Without one it leaves the trigger too open for accidental discharge when taking it out at the end of the day. A pocket holster also keeps the gun positioned the right way in your pocket.

Trip20

I didn't see OWB so I picked IWB. I'll be using both.

PS -- I need a good gun belt. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend $200 but I guess I will if I have to. Can a good gun belt be had for under $100?

Last edited:

protias

apierce918

Galco has a good selection of gun belts as well. About $100 for their contoured ones, or less. ill be getting that when I get my holster

Wolf1477

Crossbreed belts are around $60 a piece. Heard very good things about them. IIRC Hardballer also has belts for sale, don't remember the price.

Edit: wow, didn't take long for everyone to answer at once<g>

BTW, for holsters I have my Serpa OWB (3 - 3:30) and the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe IWB (3:30 - 5 so not quite SOB).

Last edited:

Freedom First

For the rare times I conceal I use a Supertuck for my Taurus 945 and the Uncle Mike's #12 ankle for my TCP .380. Both are comfortable and I can make both handguns disappear completely. But, I just OC most of the time with a Serpa CQC for my 945. Stainless, the ultimate fashion statement... :cool:

cbpeck

PS -- I need a good gun belt. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend $200 but I guess I will if I have to. Can a good gun belt be had for under $100?

I love my Galco Dress Belts. They are nice enough to be worn with slacks or a suit, but aren't so flashy as to look out of place with jeans. I wear them just about every day, and have even gotten compliments on them while not carrying. I have one in black & one in havana brown. They can be purchased here for $61.56 with free shipping:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-sb3-dress-belt-sb3-32.html

One other thought: If you do order from Optics Planet (or anywhere else for that matter) be sure to specify that they ship the belts loosely, not rolled up tightly.

Last edited:

cbpeck

For the times when I'm not OCing...

I often CC with my Tucker Texas Heritage IWB. However, sometimes I'll CC OWB in a Galco Concealable Belt Holster. It all depends where I'm going, what I'm wearing & what I'm doing that day.

IMO, OWB should've been a choice as well.

j4l

Pocket mostly, for the BUG. Still looking for something I like for the .45

Nevada carrier

I didn't see OWB so I picked IWB. I'll be using both.

Walmart usually stocks a good selection of Dickie's belts that are double stitched and have two prongs. I have one that's about 1 3/4" wide and it works nicely with either my IWB or my black hawk SERPA paddle mounted holster. They run about $12. Also, a good place to look would be anywhere work clothing is sold. Farm and fleet, Farm King, and western wear retailers. you may even find something in a military surplus store.

Other "Duty" type belts are generally to wide/thick for casual attire and require keepers to attatch them to another belt and those can run a lot of coin.

11DI0227-BLKS-m.jpg

Last edited:

4angrybadgers

Walmart usually stocks a good selection of Dickie's belts that are double stitched and have two prongs. I have one that's about 1 3/4" wide and it works nicely with either my IWB or my black hawk SERPA paddle mounted holster. They run about $12. Also, a good place to look would be anywhere work clothing is sold. Farm and fleet, Farm King, and western wear retailers. you may even find something in a military surplus store.

Other "Duty" type belts are generally to wide/thick for casual attire and require keepers to attatch them to another belt and those can run a lot of coin.
How long have you had your belt, and is it holding up well?

I bought a Dickie's belt (single prong, but otherwise felt quite sturdy) two years ago, but after less than a year of daily use I had to retire it - the belt was getting floppy and worn, some stitching was coming out, and the notch I used most often was getting pretty reamed out. That's when I gave up on the fake leather stuff and got the real leather Amish belt I linked earlier.