Thread: My letter to rep. Garey Bies and Jeff Fitzgerald

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA

My letter to rep. Garey Bies and Jeff Fitzgerald

["We oppose efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens."

"The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.
    We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.
    Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people."

the above is directly from the Wisconsin GOP's platform. I'm sure you're already familiar with it. I'm just wondering why there are Republicans in WI advocating a mandatory permit system over constitutional carry? the party clearly says it opposes "all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens" so why do you want to restrict carry?

also why are Republicans so willing to fight to stop expansion of wasteful spending of tax payer dollars by public employee unions but are willing to spend those same dollars on instituting a permit system and adding additional burden and cost of training for law enforcement?

I'm not writing to vent, I would like to hear an opinion on this. I have a hard time understanding why a system that follows the same basic guidelines as permitless open carry which hasn't been a problem is being silenced in favor of expansion of government and higher tax burden.

thank you for your time,]
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up Good stuff!

Great letter! I'm liking it on FB.
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Great letter Flash. I hope the rino's reply.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

West Coast, Wisconsin, USA
    Hope you get your messege through to them as I believe I did with Kapanke and Nerison.