• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My letter to rep. Garey Bies and Jeff Fitzgerald

Flash Gordon

["We oppose efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens."

"The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.
We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.
Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people."

the above is directly from the Wisconsin GOP's platform. I'm sure you're already familiar with it. I'm just wondering why there are Republicans in WI advocating a mandatory permit system over constitutional carry? the party clearly says it opposes "all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens" so why do you want to restrict carry?

also why are Republicans so willing to fight to stop expansion of wasteful spending of tax payer dollars by public employee unions but are willing to spend those same dollars on instituting a permit system and adding additional burden and cost of training for law enforcement?

I'm not writing to vent, I would like to hear an opinion on this. I have a hard time understanding why a system that follows the same basic guidelines as permitless open carry which hasn't been a problem is being silenced in favor of expansion of government and higher tax burden.

thank you for your time,]