Thread: Road trip...

Road trip...

Alright, so, screwed out of OC here in good ol' Floriduh (except for fishing of course, which I'll be doing more than usual this summer...) I'm thinkin' of taking a road trip this Summer to somewhere nice in a neighboring free state, to be able to open carry, in addition to the usual (mis)adventures of such a journey. It's looking like Georgia is the way to go, they seem about as good as FL as far as all other gun laws go, plus licensed OC, and it looks like I'm good to go since I have a FL license. (Also think it's cool that unlicensed OC of a loaded long gun is legal there... but I'll stick to a pistol unless I'm legitimately planning on some actual hunting).
    Thoughts, comments, or issues I may have overlooked?
    Anyone OC in Georgia and have any experiences to share?
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

I've never OCed in Georgia. Only in Va and Nc
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I've not OC'ed in Georgia either.

Got lots of other states checked off though.

Can't believe I missed that one.

Maybe it's because I'm usually on I-75 all day long that just makes me want to get through it as fast as possible.

AD

I hear ya, I've driven through GA on road trips before, ending up in NC, NY, PA, and KY, but that was before I carried or even had a handgun. It's a LONG state, and a pain to drive through, so I was mostly in a hurry then too, except for stopping off to check out some cool little mountain-side towns. But it looks like one of the best nearby states for carrying, and I wouldn't have to go far past the border. Maybe go camping and visit a few cool state parks or national forests to make it really worth the drive...
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

I live so close to GA you'd think I would have by now... But all I got are NM and AZ. I live right off of 75 and have a TDI (42mpg) so anyone in the mood let me know.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.