• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Road trip...

~*'Phoenix'*~

Alright, so, screwed out of OC here in good ol' Floriduh (except for fishing of course, which I'll be doing more than usual this summer...) I'm thinkin' of taking a road trip this Summer to somewhere nice in a neighboring free state, to be able to open carry, in addition to the usual (mis)adventures of such a journey. It's looking like Georgia is the way to go, they seem about as good as FL as far as all other gun laws go, plus licensed OC, and it looks like I'm good to go since I have a FL license. (Also think it's cool that unlicensed OC of a loaded long gun is legal there... but I'll stick to a pistol unless I'm legitimately planning on some actual hunting).
Thoughts, comments, or issues I may have overlooked?
Anyone OC in Georgia and have any experiences to share?

ADulay

Hmm, now that I think about it, I've not OC'ed in Georgia either.

Got lots of other states checked off though.

Can't believe I missed that one.

Maybe it's because I'm usually on I-75 all day long that just makes me want to get through it as fast as possible.

AD

~*'Phoenix'*~

I hear ya, I've driven through GA on road trips before, ending up in NC, NY, PA, and KY, but that was before I carried or even had a handgun. It's a LONG state, and a pain to drive through, so I was mostly in a hurry then too, except for stopping off to check out some cool little mountain-side towns. But it looks like one of the best nearby states for carrying, and I wouldn't have to go far past the border. Maybe go camping and visit a few cool state parks or national forests to make it really worth the drive...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I live so close to GA you'd think I would have by now... But all I got are NM and AZ. I live right off of 75 and have a TDI (42mpg) so anyone in the mood let me know.