• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good guy, 1, scumbag 0

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
http://www.wwltv.com/news/2-die-1-injured-in-restaurant-shootout-122041819.html

PIERRE PART, La. – Police are investigating a murder-suicide in Assumption Parish where a man walked into a seafood restaurant shot his ex-girlfriend and then got into a gun battle with a patron before killing himself, according to Sheriff Mike Waguespack.

Tuesday morning, Assumption Parish 911 received a call reporting that shots had been fired at Landry’s Seafood Restaurant on Highway 70 in Pierre Part, according to the sheriff.

According to preliminary investigation by the sheriff’s office, before noon, Paul French, 51, of Pierre Part, walked into the restaurant and began arguing with his ex-girlfriend, Michelle Borer, 42, of Pierre Part.

French had been recently released from jail, after posting bond for a May 4 arrest on misdemeanor violations of a protective order which was in effect until October 5, 2012. French had been ordered to stay away from Borer, who had been granted an order of protection from French by a judge, according to the sheriff’s office.

After arguing with Borer, French pulled a gun and began shooting her.

“A patron who was seated and having lunch noticed the situation and immediately retrieved a concealed handgun and in defense of others began to exchange gun fire with Paul French. They both eventually exited the restaurant and continued shooting,” said Waguespack.

In the aftermath, Borer was later found by police at the back door of the restaurant. She had been shot multiple times and was pronounced dead on the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.

“The suspect, Paul French, was found in the side yard of the restaurant where he appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound from the Good Samaritan but appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head,” said Waguespack. “He was also pronounced dead at the scene.”

The patron who got into a gun battle with French, according to the sheriff, was permitted by the state to carry a concealed weapon. He was not identified by the sheriff’s office and was shot in the abdomen. He is being treated at a local hospital and is in stable condition and his injuries are not life threatening.

The bodies of French and Borer will be sent to the Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death, according to the sheriff’s office.

MKEgal

French had been recently released from jail, after posting bond for a May 4 arrest on misdemeanor violations of a protective order which was in effect until October 5, 2012.
After arguing with Borer, French pulled a gun and began shooting her.
Wait, wait... since he was under a restraining order, he couldn't legally possess a firearm, so there's no way he was carrying, let alone shot anyone. :banghead:
And he wouldn't have violated the protective order again, would he?
Actually, he didn't violate it in the first place, since we all know that laws will control criminals, right?

They both eventually exited the restaurant and continued shooting
I have a problem with that.
If the BG left, why would the citizen pursue him?
(Of course, maybe the good guy ran out the door first. Don't know.)

But I agree with the rest of you, nobody won here.
Society, maybe, since we're rid of the abuser.

mousegurl

In order for a protection order to work, it will have to be written on Kevlar!

I wish more women would learn that not everything is settled in a courtroom.