Thread: Open Carry newbie

Open Carry newbie

Well I am fairly new to the forum and fairly new to open carry I have to ask. When you started to open carry how ever long ago did you feel wrong? Did you feel like everyone was out to get you and watching your every move? I haven't tried much open carry with the exception of a few places that people know me. I have made lists of city ordinaces that I frequent and made a cheat sheet that I can use. Just wanted to get some opinions of feelings that you may have or not felt and how long it took you to realize and except that it is legal and your are doing nothing wrong.

Felt wrong? No, but it took some getting used too.

You need to go to the OC outings... It is a bit awkward at first, you'll be surprised how many people just don't notice,and that's OK. What is an interesting thing to me is how often I'm out and about and notice folks CCW! They are often varu noticable!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    You need to go to the OC outings... It is a bit awkward at first, you'll be surprised how many people just don't notice,and that's OK. What is an interesting thing to me is how often I'm out and about and notice folks CCW! They are often varu noticable!
    I have been watching to see if any are coming up in my area but I haven't seen any.

We are getting together in St. Charles Sunday @ 7:00PM, it's not far.... See the post on this forum.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by repomasterstl
    When you started to open carry how ever long ago did you feel wrong? Did you feel like everyone was out to get you and watching your every move?
    It's just like middle school - you think everyone is looking at your zit, or how awkward you are, or whatever you think sticks out, but everyone else is thinking the same thing and not really looking at anyone else.

Wrong? No, but as someone else said it took some getting used to.
    Now it's sort of an "I'm aware that it's there, but not conscious of it" if that makes any sense?

Pretty soon you'll realize that most people just don't notice.
    And the more comfortable you are with yourself, the less other people will notice anything at all, let alone that you're carrying. If you're nervous, they will pick up on that & pay more attention to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

We are getting together in St. Charles Sunday @ 7:00PM, it's not far.... See the post on this forum.
    Im not seeing a post. Is it within another post?

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by repomasterstl View Post
    Yes. It's in the " change of policy appreciation dinner at Chevys". Or something like that. It's like 3 threads down. I would link it for you but I am using my phone and it won't let me.

Wink OC Get together

See "Change of Policy Appreciation at Chevy's" a coupl eof discussions down and send LMTD a PM.
    There are 15 expected so far I think, I'll be there!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 05-18-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Error

See "Change of Policy Appreciation at Chevy's" a coupl eof discussions down and send LMTD a PM.
    There are 15 expected so far I think, I'll be there!
    I am probally going to be there. I am itching to try a outing meet some of these fine people I read and converse with on the varies forums.

Fine people on this forums? Are you sure you are reading the right forums?

I am probally going to be there. I am itching to try a outing meet some of these fine people I read and converse with on the varies forums.
    Kidding kidding!

There are a lot of folks who meet on these forums who get together in real to true life!

Remember you are judged by the company you keep!

Just kidding?????

Like I said "After you clicked the above video", you are judged by the company you keep!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 05-19-2011 at 04:29 PM.

I'm so jealous!