• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry newbie

repomasterstl

Well I am fairly new to the forum and fairly new to open carry I have to ask. When you started to open carry how ever long ago did you feel wrong? Did you feel like everyone was out to get you and watching your every move? I haven't tried much open carry with the exception of a few places that people know me. I have made lists of city ordinaces that I frequent and made a cheat sheet that I can use. Just wanted to get some opinions of feelings that you may have or not felt and how long it took you to realize and except that it is legal and your are doing nothing wrong.

mspgunner

You need to go to the OC outings... It is a bit awkward at first, you'll be surprised how many people just don't notice,and that's OK. What is an interesting thing to me is how often I'm out and about and notice folks CCW! They are often varu noticable!

repomasterstl

You need to go to the OC outings... It is a bit awkward at first, you'll be surprised how many people just don't notice,and that's OK. What is an interesting thing to me is how often I'm out and about and notice folks CCW! They are often varu noticable!

I have been watching to see if any are coming up in my area but I haven't seen any.

MKEgal

repomasterstl said:
When you started to open carry how ever long ago did you feel wrong? Did you feel like everyone was out to get you and watching your every move?
It's just like middle school - you think everyone is looking at your zit, or how awkward you are, or whatever you think sticks out, but everyone else is thinking the same thing and not really looking at anyone else.

Wrong? No, but as someone else said it took some getting used to.
Now it's sort of an "I'm aware that it's there, but not conscious of it" if that makes any sense?

Pretty soon you'll realize that most people just don't notice.
And the more comfortable you are with yourself, the less other people will notice anything at all, let alone that you're carrying. If you're nervous, they will pick up on that & pay more attention to you.

repomasterstl

See "Change of Policy Appreciation at Chevy's" a coupl eof discussions down and send LMTD a PM.
There are 15 expected so far I think, I'll be there!

I am probally going to be there. I am itching to try a outing meet some of these fine people I read and converse with on the varies forums.

mspgunner

I am probally going to be there. I am itching to try a outing meet some of these fine people I read and converse with on the varies forums.

There are a lot of folks who meet on these forums who get together in real to true life!

Remember you are judged by the company you keep!

Just kidding?????
MarcandBAR.jpg

Like I said "After you clicked the above video", you are judged by the company you keep!

Last edited: