• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

237.106 and talking to employer

Ford

To me, 237.106 couldn't be much clearer on carry in a vehicle. No employer, whether public or private, can do anything to say I can't. My (private) employer says I can't carry guns at work, nor in my vehicle if its on company property, with the possibility of discipline or termination for violation.

So, should I just keep my mouth shut about the matter, keep it in the glovebox, and move on? Or should I point out 237.106 and see what they think about it? Anyone done, so (how did it go)?

It would be so nice to have an employer that allows at work carry. I'm beginning to think they don't exist...

slocav

From my understanding you can keep it in the car. Glove box only if you don't have a ccdw or you can leave it in your front seat as well and from what I understand the employer can't do crap about it as long as your not waving it around and stuff. Now carrying at work they can do what ever about that. Your car is your property were ever its parked. Don't quote me but that's what u understand.

langzaiguy

@Ford If you do bring this to your employer's attention, I would do so in a verifiable manner. If you write a letter or email you may be able to substantiate a case for unlawful determination if it ever comes to that.

@Slocav In the last legislative session, a law was passed to include lawful carry in factory installed compartments in addition to glove boxes.

slocav

@langzaiguy yeah I knew that. But it won't be law till July. Our ccdw instructor couldn't remember when it goes into law tho.