• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville Gazette "Concealed Carry" Voter poll!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
“From a police perspective, I would like the only people out in the public with guns to be trained police officers.” Says volumes about the "only ones" in this area. :banghead:

gunguy2009

Was not going the way they wanted it to go so "Shut It Down"

Right, The Milwaukee Journal poll last week was open for only 1 day I believe, and when I last checked the votes, it was 82% yes/18% no with over 8,300 people voting. Janesville isn't as big obviously, but the Janesville Gazette is a very popular paper and should have brought a heck of a lot more then 200 votes in a 24 hour period!!! I bet it didnt last but maybe a couple hours...

1FASTC4

They can't even spell "opinion" correctly. Any newspaper which doesn't edit their own content is probably not worth taking the time to read.

Voted.....

Wolf1477

They can't even spell "opinion" correctly. Any newspaper which doesn't edit their own content is probably not worth taking the time to read.

Voted.....

Hehe, yep the good ol "Janesville Effort" as we called it when I lived there. The most useless rag ever...not to mention expensive...altho it made good window mask for spraying cars

cleveland

“From a police perspective, I would like the only people out in the public with guns to be trained police officers.” Says volumes about the "only ones" in this area. :banghead:

It's sad to see that level of ignorance is in a position of authority.

Right, The Milwaukee Journal poll last week was open for only 1 day I believe, and when I last checked the votes, it was 82% yes/18% no with over 8,300 people voting...

It's still open.

http://www.jsonline.com/polls/121491889.html

Yes - I should be able to carry a concealed gun without a permit or training (61%)
I'm OK with concealed carry, but I think it should only be allowed with a permit and training (23%)
I'm opposed to concealed carry - period (15%)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The Gazette Poll Is Back! HIT IT! Make Sure You Hit The GAZETTE Poll!

Right now it is about 67% for and 33% against.

theoicarry

I assume the trained officers are some of those whom weapons are dirty because they do not know how to take them apart and clean them. These trained officers?
Seems I read something about this here not so long ago. I knew how to clean my guns by the time I was 10 years old.

Wolf1477

"We didn't record your vote because this poll is closed" is why your numbers are the same after voting. They closed it again...surprise surprise surprise.

gunguy2009

It's interesting how the voter poll was closed down after such a short amount of time, on an issue that they don't like, when votes started going in our favor...Failed attempt at censorship??