Thread: Another LEO point of view of carriers...

Another LEO point of view of carriers...

It's about CC but there is lots of good stuff to glean here for LE encounters.

http://www.policeone.com/pc_print.asp?vid=2144601
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Good article. I like hot it also outlines ways we can better conceal when we carry concealed.

Banned
    I was not impressed with the article. Some things that jumped out at me:

The ex-officer advises against proning carriers out without something other than carry to go on. How about not even stopping the carrier unless you have something other than carry to go on.

The first significant reference to civilian carry in the article is...wait for it...hunting. The ex-officer is probably one of those who believe that hunting is the primary reason for the RKBA.

He thinks that civilians who carry don't know the law as well as officers do. My experience is the complete reverse. I have had to point out the law (not just on carry, but on trespass, and Terry stops) to several ignorant officers. Most of the carriers I know know as much gun law as or more gun law than most officers I have encountered. Then again, I am probably encountering a lot of these officers because of their ignorance. Those who know and respect the law pretty much leave me alone.

On a side note (and not intended to distract from this thread, just intended to avoid bumping the spam thread). Folks, please don't bump spam threads--even to point out that they are spam. Hit the triangular report button and just move on. Thanks.

It looks almost exactly like the one he wrote regarding OCers except that he changed out OC for CC.

EDIT: He changes out OC for CCW and he has cut out the bit dealing with it being activism/protest/whatever the first article said. This article even has the paragraph dealing with an OCer in a car and how having them get out of the car could make them violate the law as they would now be "carrying concealed" but yet the article is supposedly about CCers so that shouldn't matter. He should have put in the effort to actually write a new article rather than taking an old article and changing a few words.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 05-19-2011 at 10:50 AM.

On my rare CC trips...

I learned quite a bit about how to spot CC which I will be using on both sides of the equation.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    I learned quite a bit about how to spot CC which I will be using on both sides of the equation.
    I learned that over 30 years ago by observing off duty LEO's carrying concealed.

I knew the officers and knew they carried so I looked for signs to verify carry and exactly where was the weapon. Got pretty good at it.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    I learned that over 30 years ago by observing off duty LEO's carrying concealed.

I knew the officers and knew they carried so I looked for signs to verify carry and exactly where was the weapon. Got pretty good at it.
    Eh, 30 years ago I was playing with toy guns...

Freedom First 1775

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post

I've noticed that a lot of off duty cops don't try as hard to conceal their guns as their regular citizen counterparts. I've seen them wearing their NRA Life Member ball caps and other pro gun stuff in open defiance of their left leaning politically ambitious chief's agenda. These guys are proud to be associated with the 2nd Amendment. I wish they were all like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Eh, 30 years ago I was playing with toy guns...
    You might have been one of those little brats I read the riot act to one day for jumping off of the sidewalk and into traffic.

I came close to making them urinate in their pants.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)