• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another LEO point of view of carriers...

eye95

I was not impressed with the article. Some things that jumped out at me:

The ex-officer advises against proning carriers out without something other than carry to go on. How about not even stopping the carrier unless you have something other than carry to go on.

The first significant reference to civilian carry in the article is...wait for it...hunting. The ex-officer is probably one of those who believe that hunting is the primary reason for the RKBA.

He thinks that civilians who carry don't know the law as well as officers do. My experience is the complete reverse. I have had to point out the law (not just on carry, but on trespass, and Terry stops) to several ignorant officers. Most of the carriers I know know as much gun law as or more gun law than most officers I have encountered. Then again, I am probably encountering a lot of these officers because of their ignorance. Those who know and respect the law pretty much leave me alone.

On a side note (and not intended to distract from this thread, just intended to avoid bumping the spam thread). Folks, please don't bump spam threads--even to point out that they are spam. Hit the triangular report button and just move on. Thanks.

Aknazer

It looks almost exactly like the one he wrote regarding OCers except that he changed out OC for CC.

EDIT: He changes out OC for CCW and he has cut out the bit dealing with it being activism/protest/whatever the first article said. This article even has the paragraph dealing with an OCer in a car and how having them get out of the car could make them violate the law as they would now be "carrying concealed" but yet the article is supposedly about CCers so that shouldn't matter. He should have put in the effort to actually write a new article rather than taking an old article and changing a few words.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

I learned quite a bit about how to spot CC which I will be using on both sides of the equation.

I learned that over 30 years ago by observing off duty LEO's carrying concealed.

I knew the officers and knew they carried so I looked for signs to verify carry and exactly where was the weapon. Got pretty good at it.
:cool:

Freedom First

I learned that over 30 years ago by observing off duty LEO's carrying concealed.

I knew the officers and knew they carried so I looked for signs to verify carry and exactly where was the weapon. Got pretty good at it.

Eh, 30 years ago I was playing with toy guns... :lol:

mousegurl

I've noticed that a lot of off duty cops don't try as hard to conceal their guns as their regular citizen counterparts. I've seen them wearing their NRA Life Member ball caps and other pro gun stuff in open defiance of their left leaning politically ambitious chief's agenda. These guys are proud to be associated with the 2nd Amendment. I wish they were all like that!