• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Clark County,NV

Raptor1

I live in Henderson,NV. I've lived here for 10 years now and have never seen anyone open carrying a firearm. Is it legal to OC in Henderson,NV? Is it one of those things where Ya it's legal but get ready to be thrown down on the sidewalk by the cops??Thank you-Raptor1.

aadvark

Raptor1:

In The State of Nevada, it is Legal to Openly Carry a Firearm in Public so as long as The Person doing so is NOT Prohibited under either: 1. Federal Law OR 2. State Law; from Possessing The Firearm in Question.

In Accordance with Nevada Revised Statute NRS 268.418, such Matters are Reserved to Nevada State, to The Exclusion of Cities, except as provided under 2. AND 3. of that Revised Statute.

Therefore, Open Carry is Lawful so as long as The Person who is doing so may Lawfully Possess such Firearm.

aadvark

wrightme

The Nevada forum has much information, and this question will receive much more valid response there.

I have reported it to have it moved for you.

aadvark

wrightme:

Thank You for Your Explanation, and I would like to Apologize for My Over-Reaction.

aadvark

Tawnos

I OCed while I was there (NV doesn't recognize any of my concealed carry licenses), no issue.