• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycle + gun + resturant?

GlockKnightMare

Anyone have any ideas on where to put handgun when you go to a restaurant that serves alcohol when riding a motorcycle? I'm getting a street bike in another week or 2 and trying see options. Is there like a gun safe for a motorcycle or anything to secure gun to while eating?

Blk97F150

Anyone have any ideas on where to put handgun when you go to a restaurant that serves alcohol when riding a motorcycle? I'm getting a street bike in another week or 2 and trying see options. Is there like a gun safe for a motorcycle or anything to secure gun to while eating?

A buddy of mine bolted a small, lockable, single pistol hard case into one of his saddlebags. It seems to work pretty well.

Or just buy a full sized touring bike with a lockable trunk... :banana:

r1dramma

I ride a sportbike also and the only space you can fit a small gun would be under the rearseat, but i wouldn't do that. These bikes attract a lot of attention and the last thing I would want is for someone to see me putting my handgun in there and believe me they are not that hard to break into or steal!!! Just my own .02 sorry not trying to offend you.

MR Redenck

153007d1291576090-arizona-motorcycle-seat-az_seat.jpg

Bearfoot

I feel your pain. I OC when I ride, and have a cruiser with lockable saddle bags. Ain't always comfortable disarming out in public parking lots where someone can see where you put it.

Good idea Blk97F150.:banana: The lockbox bolted to the saddle bag frame is something I must look into.

muccione

goto a place that doesn't serve alcohol... Some compromising need be made to carry... Plan ahead...

Dreamer

I agree with "muccione". The best solution to your dilemma is to only go to restaurants that don't serve alcohol whole on your bike.

And EVERY time you do go out to eat, call your Representative, and let them know how much a pain it is for you and your family to have to limit your choices of eateries because of NC's silly "restaurant ban".

Be sure to remind them that according to the NC DOJ's own statistics, the MAJORITY of firearms that are reported stolen in NC are stolen from vehicles--and that the law in NC that prohibits carry in restaurants that serve alcohol is essentially putting DOZENS of guns into the hands of criminals every year, because law-abiding gun owners have to leave their legally-owned and lawfully-carried firearms in their vehicles per the law...

GlockKnightMare

Sometimes it is hard to plan spur of the moment situations. The only remedy I've had was to cary one of those tiny lock boxes in my bag so I can lock my firearm in a friends car while we ate. guess that will be the best option since I don't have saddle bags. I hope they change this law