Thread: What my 3yr old daughter told me this morning...

What my 3yr old daughter told me this morning...

As Haylie and I were sitting at the table eating our cereal, she looks at my gun and says "I want big gun, I don't want little gun no more, I want big gun too." She always wanted a little one cuz she's little, I guess she changed her mind, lol. Then she says "I want go shooting, shooting is fuuuun!!!" She said with much exitement. Haha.

When the time is right, a few years yet, I will go to Gander Mountain with her and pick out a pink .22 rifle. Eventually start her on a .22 pistol and move up... What else could a father ask for in a daughter? Besides her vowing to NEVER have a boyfriend... lol. But I'll be that dad cleaning his guns with 5 buddies cleaning their own guns as we have the "dont hurt my daughter" talk...

You are a very lucky man. When she's old enough to carry, you won't have to worry about her (much). Since she likes firearms, she'll find a good man, perhaps one that will let shoot his firearms?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    ? Besides her vowing to NEVER have a boyfriend... ...
    You wont get any grandkids to teach about guns and safety that way.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Do what my friend MZMadMike plans. Don't clean one of your guns, clean one of HERS. And mention that it's hers, in the "don't hurt my daughter" speech.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You are a very lucky man. When she's old enough to carry, you won't have to worry about her (much). Since she likes firearms, she'll find a good man, perhaps one that will let shoot his firearms?
    She'll need to find a good man and let him shoot one of her firearms!

JJC

The last time I was out at the range we went to a family type dinner after shooting with a half a dozen kids under 5yrs old. Everyone of them wanted a gun.

Educational opportunity.

I don't mind her having kids, its HOW she is creating them that bothers me... But I know every father of a daughter goes through it, not thrilled by any means, but its part of life.

Now, we have to get my son into it. He's 11 months old. Might have to wait a longer, I haven't seen any holsters built for diapers...

That's cool! One day when she was cruising around the house my little girl decided she wanted to wear one of daddy's caps and this was the one she grabbed. I was sooooooo proud .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post

JJC
    I was talking about her bf also being into firearms and letting dad (gunguy2009) shoot his (the bf's) firearms.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Better yet, or as good, she will find a good man, perhaps one who she will let shoot her firearms.

Dang, got beat to that one...
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post

JJC
    Last edited by wrightme; 05-19-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Last fall I took my 14yr old niece to the range.

Her father walked out when she was 5,and Sis was left to raise her alone.
    Sis hunts,and my niece hunts as well.

Its a small town range,and several of her class mates were present also,although
    I didnt personally know any of them,and none of them come up to say hi to her or us.

Funny thing was while they were playing at only 100 yrds, we were playing at 300 yrds with the Deerslayer/Yote Tamer.She was a little bit disappointed she wasnt shooting itty bitty bug holes like she does at 100 with it....but they were as the saying goes "All in the Black".

One of her classmates held up his 100yrd target and it looked like a buckshot pattern...holes all over the place.

After I saw that,I reminded my niece she was shooting 3x farther than they are and her groups were still smaller than theirs.
    There was nothing for her to be ashamed off.

Learn them right,offer lots of positive encouragement
    and when the time comes they will do just fine.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by 3fgburner
    Don't clean one of your guns, clean one of HERS. And mention that it's hers, in the "don't hurt my daughter" speech.
    I used to know someone whose daughter was a competition shooter, trophies & all.
    In the "don't hurt my daughter" speech, he made sure to show off pictures of her competing, & her trophies.

My brother has 2 boys & 1 girl. The girl is the youngest, both boys are well over 6' tall.
    When she's had dates pick her up at home, of course they have to come in & meet the parents & assure them the girl will be back unharmed at a certain time...
    Both boys are standing at the kitchen table cleaning their rifles & shotguns.
    Apparently they had one boy who kinda went "cool, whatchagot?"
    The relationship & breakup were amicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I guess I got no worries...YET. Cuz my 3yo little Princess thinks I'm her Prince. She knows that Daddy carries a gun and has even informed PPL of that! LOL
    We were at Wal-Mart a couple of months ago, I noticed an individual following us, he "happened" to be in every isle we were in. So, I confronted him, inquiring as to "WHY" you are followin us around? He immediately got uncomfortable, swallowing really hard and obviously nervous, I was OC'n.
    Our Daughter even said "Bad man Daddy"!
    He didn't follow us anymore! I did go back to the store the next day (I know one of the MGR's) he confirmed that he does not have an employee matching that description!
    My Wife does not like going there because of an incident where a woman was outside w/ her 2 children and got her groceries stolen!
    Now I have to go shopping w/her! No matter, I know they are safer w/me!

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    That's cool! One day when she was cruising around the house my little girl decided she wanted to wear one of daddy's caps and this was the one she grabbed. I was sooooooo proud .
    did you let her wear that hat to Kindergarden ??? That would drove the teachers off the deep end
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-20-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy2009 View Post
    As Haylie and I were sitting at the table eating our cereal, she looks at my gun and says "I want big gun, I don't want little gun no more, I want big gun too." She always wanted a little one cuz she's little, I guess she changed her mind, lol. Then she says "I want go shooting, shooting is fuuuun!!!" She said with much exitement. Haha.

When the time is right, a few years yet, I will go to Gander Mountain with her and pick out a pink .22 rifle. Eventually start her on a .22 pistol and move up... What else could a father ask for in a daughter? Besides her vowing to NEVER have a boyfriend... lol. But I'll be that dad cleaning his guns with 5 buddies cleaning their own guns as we have the "dont hurt my daughter" talk...
    That's the cutest story I have heard in a while Oh...the talk I would give the BOYZ when they come a calling ..as I was cleaning the AR15..would be..I got a buddy with 80 acres of land & a Back hoe..you will VANISH from the face of the earth, if my daughter comes home, Crying, Injured, Pregnant or later than 11:00 pm sharp..now here is $ 40.00 have a good time I would show the 5.56mm round with his name on it, that I engraved while we spoke
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    did you let her wear that hat to Kindergarden ??? That would drove the teachers off the deep end
    That pic was taken when she was 2 so not in school yet. She hasn't asked to wear it to school but I wear my orange "Guns Save Lives" pin on my jackets and my Wisconsin Carry hat and surprisingly no one has said anything. And she goes to a Lutheran school and none of the parents have said anything or even given me any strange looks.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    That pic was taken when she was 2 so not in school yet. She hasn't asked to wear it to school but I wear my orange "Guns Save Lives" pin on my jackets and my Wisconsin Carry hat and surprisingly no one has said anything. And she goes to a Lutheran school and none of the parents have said anything or even given me any strange looks.
    Lutherans are usually pretty good about self protection.

Lutherans are usually pretty good about self protection.
    Ya never know how a large group of moms are going to react to seeing something with "gun" on it .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law