• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What my 3yr old daughter told me this morning...

gunguy2009

As Haylie and I were sitting at the table eating our cereal, she looks at my gun and says "I want big gun, I don't want little gun no more, I want big gun too." She always wanted a little one cuz she's little, I guess she changed her mind, lol. Then she says "I want go shooting, shooting is fuuuun!!!" She said with much exitement. Haha.

When the time is right, a few years yet, I will go to Gander Mountain with her and pick out a pink .22 rifle. Eventually start her on a .22 pistol and move up... What else could a father ask for in a daughter? Besides her vowing to NEVER have a boyfriend... lol. But I'll be that dad cleaning his guns with 5 buddies cleaning their own guns as we have the "dont hurt my daughter" talk...

protias

You are a very lucky man. When she's old enough to carry, you won't have to worry about her (much). Since she likes firearms, she'll find a good man, perhaps one that will let shoot his firearms?

JJC

You are a very lucky man. When she's old enough to carry, you won't have to worry about her (much). Since she likes firearms, she'll find a good man, perhaps one that will let shoot his firearms?

She'll need to find a good man and let him shoot one of her firearms!

JJC

Vandil

The last time I was out at the range we went to a family type dinner after shooting with a half a dozen kids under 5yrs old. Everyone of them wanted a gun.

Educational opportunity.

gunguy2009

I don't mind her having kids, its HOW she is creating them that bothers me... But I know every father of a daughter goes through it, not thrilled by any means, but its part of life.

Now, we have to get my son into it. He's 11 months old. Might have to wait a longer, I haven't seen any holsters built for diapers...

XDFDE45

That's cool! One day when she was cruising around the house my little girl decided she wanted to wear one of daddy's caps and this was the one she grabbed. I was sooooooo proud
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
DSC01515.jpg

protias

JJC
I was talking about her bf also being into firearms and letting dad (gunguy2009) shoot his (the bf's) firearms.

wrightme

Better yet, or as good, she will find a good man, perhaps one who she will let shoot her firearms. :banana:

Dang, got beat to that one...

JJC

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

Last fall I took my 14yr old niece to the range.

Her father walked out when she was 5,and Sis was left to raise her alone.
Sis hunts,and my niece hunts as well.

Its a small town range,and several of her class mates were present also,although
I didnt personally know any of them,and none of them come up to say hi to her or us.

Funny thing was while they were playing at only 100 yrds, we were playing at 300 yrds with the Deerslayer/Yote Tamer.She was a little bit disappointed she wasnt shooting itty bitty bug holes like she does at 100 with it....but they were as the saying goes "All in the Black".

One of her classmates held up his 100yrd target and it looked like a buckshot pattern...holes all over the place.

After I saw that,I reminded my niece she was shooting 3x farther than they are and her groups were still smaller than theirs.
There was nothing for her to be ashamed off.

Learn them right,offer lots of positive encouragement
and when the time comes they will do just fine.

LR Yote

MKEgal

3fgburner said:
Don't clean one of your guns, clean one of HERS. And mention that it's hers, in the "don't hurt my daughter" speech.
I used to know someone whose daughter was a competition shooter, trophies & all.
In the "don't hurt my daughter" speech, he made sure to show off pictures of her competing, & her trophies.

My brother has 2 boys & 1 girl. The girl is the youngest, both boys are well over 6' tall.
When she's had dates pick her up at home, of course they have to come in & meet the parents & assure them the girl will be back unharmed at a certain time...
Both boys are standing at the kitchen table cleaning their rifles & shotguns.
Apparently they had one boy who kinda went "cool, whatchagot?"
The relationship & breakup were amicable.

qball54208

I guess I got no worries...YET. Cuz my 3yo little Princess thinks I'm her Prince. She knows that Daddy carries a gun and has even informed PPL of that! LOL
We were at Wal-Mart a couple of months ago, I noticed an individual following us, he "happened" to be in every isle we were in. So, I confronted him, inquiring as to "WHY" you are followin us around? He immediately got uncomfortable, swallowing really hard and obviously nervous, I was OC'n.
Our Daughter even said "Bad man Daddy"!
He didn't follow us anymore! I did go back to the store the next day (I know one of the MGR's) he confirmed that he does not have an employee matching that description!
My Wife does not like going there because of an incident where a woman was outside w/ her 2 children and got her groceries stolen!
Now I have to go shopping w/her! No matter, I know they are safer w/me!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
That's cool! One day when she was cruising around the house my little girl decided she wanted to wear one of daddy's caps and this was the one she grabbed. I was sooooooo proud
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
DSC01515.jpg

did you let her wear that hat to Kindergarden ???:) That would drove the teachers off the deep end

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
As Haylie and I were sitting at the table eating our cereal, she looks at my gun and says "I want big gun, I don't want little gun no more, I want big gun too." She always wanted a little one cuz she's little, I guess she changed her mind, lol. Then she says "I want go shooting, shooting is fuuuun!!!" She said with much exitement. Haha.

When the time is right, a few years yet, I will go to Gander Mountain with her and pick out a pink .22 rifle. Eventually start her on a .22 pistol and move up... What else could a father ask for in a daughter? Besides her vowing to NEVER have a boyfriend... lol. But I'll be that dad cleaning his guns with 5 buddies cleaning their own guns as we have the "dont hurt my daughter" talk...

That's the cutest story I have heard in a while :) Oh...the talk I would give the BOYZ when they come a calling ..as I was cleaning the AR15..would be..I got a buddy with 80 acres of land & a Back hoe..you will VANISH from the face of the earth, if my daughter comes home, Crying, Injured, Pregnant or later than 11:00 pm sharp..now here is $ 40.00 have a good time :) I would show the 5.56mm round with his name on it, that I engraved while we spoke :)

XDFDE45

did you let her wear that hat to Kindergarden ???:) That would drove the teachers off the deep end
That pic was taken when she was 2 so not in school yet. She hasn't asked to wear it to school but I wear my orange "Guns Save Lives" pin on my jackets and my Wisconsin Carry hat and surprisingly no one has said anything. And she goes to a Lutheran school and none of the parents have said anything or even given me any strange looks.

protias

That pic was taken when she was 2 so not in school yet. She hasn't asked to wear it to school but I wear my orange "Guns Save Lives" pin on my jackets and my Wisconsin Carry hat and surprisingly no one has said anything. And she goes to a Lutheran school and none of the parents have said anything or even given me any strange looks.
Lutherans are usually pretty good about self protection. ;)