• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL v. MOC hearing - 5/25@14:30

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Go to Google Images. Search "people of Walmart". Do NOT dress like what you see. :)

Seriously, your dress is whatever you feel would reflect well on yourself and our group. Personally, if I'm just in the gallery (not a directly involved party) my minimum would be *nice* jeans (no holes, not too faded, etc.) and a collared shirt (polo or button down).

As much, if not more, of importance is your manners in court, whether you are a party or a spectator. Be quiet. Do not react, positively or negatively, to what goes on in court. If you're a spectator, briefly cracking a *little* smile or frown to your friends is ok, but keep it to no more than that.

During the first hearing for CADL vs MOC, we had a big crowd of gun rights supporters, and there were a couple of instances of folks reacting audibly. Let's keep our discipline in court and avoid that.
What? I can't shake my head in disgust??? ;)

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Unfortunately, that time of the day is too late for me. I have to pick my boys up from school at 3:00PM and that school is in Leslie. So unless the lawyers can do their stuff in 20 seconds, and if the judge can reach a fair and CORRECT decision in less than a minute, then I could go. But I seriously doubt it will be that fast. :)

In any event, Good Luck to us all on that day. Let's pray the judge has the good judicial sense to see what is right, and what is wrong.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Having never been to one of these what is the proper dress code for those of us in the peanut gallery? Slacks and a polo shirt? Shirt & tie? Suit?

I don't want to show up either grossly under or over dressed.

Bronson

as a non-participant in the proceedings you're dress is really irrelevant and i'm sure if you wear what you OC in you'll be fine

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
That link still requires registration. I'd be willing to post the docs, if that is ok with the "owners".
I'm sure it would be. We need the support and the more that are informed helps the cause.

Might as well work on this one too. This is in response to MGO's lawsuit against the CADL. Attached is a copy.

MGO v CADL Answer to Complaint.pdf

sprinklerguy28

I will be there for sure. I'm sure I'll be hungry afterwards and looking for a place to eat. After the last hearing we all gathered outside and discussed where to go. I'm sure the same will happen again.

HKcarrier

Thx. Q
42.729527 -84.556532 googlemap

By chance is there any free parking anywhere? (I don't mind walking) :D

There's a VERY small free lot across the street... RARE to find a spot in thre though. As Q said, there are other places to park though.. maybe try the CADL just up the street... ;)

HKcarrier

That's all metered parking. Meters enforced until 6 PM.

Yeah, I wasn't sure.... just was saying it tongue in cheek anyways. :)

There are some streets towards the northwest that I believe are open for parking... maybe a street or 2 towards the south west.... pretty much everything northeast and southeast are metered or permit only.