• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL v. MOC hearing - 5/25@14:30

TheQ

The subject of the hearing is CADL's motion for summary disposition.

Anyone going?

I plan to get the afternoon off and be there.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Wow... that was perhaps the best summarization of our position that I have ever read. I must admit, when I began reading it I thought the individual pieces were always there... the real work was in putting those pieces into a cogent argument. I'm not an attorney so perhaps I'm impressed with what one would expect from legal representation, but the response was, in my opinion, much, much better than I imagined it could be. :banana:

I'm going to see what I can do to be there...

Last edited:

Bronson

silly but serious question

Having never been to one of these what is the proper dress code for those of us in the peanut gallery? Slacks and a polo shirt? Shirt & tie? Suit?

I don't want to show up either grossly under or over dressed.

Bronson

HKcarrier

Having never been to one of these what is the proper dress code for those of us in the peanut gallery? Slacks and a polo shirt? Shirt & tie? Suit?

Bronson

You can never be over dressed for court... unless you're in a tux.

Slacks and a button down shirt would probably be fine. (polo if that is more comfortable to you.. ) I will try to wear a shirt and tie if I can make it.

DanM

Having never been to one of these what is the proper dress code for those of us in the peanut gallery?

Go to Google Images. Search "people of Walmart". Do NOT dress like what you see. :)

Seriously, your dress is whatever you feel would reflect well on yourself and our group. Personally, if I'm just in the gallery (not a directly involved party) my minimum would be *nice* jeans (no holes, not too faded, etc.) and a collared shirt (polo or button down).

As much, if not more, of importance is your manners in court, whether you are a party or a spectator. Be quiet. Do not react, positively or negatively, to what goes on in court. If you're a spectator, briefly cracking a *little* smile or frown to your friends is ok, but keep it to no more than that.

During the first hearing for CADL vs MOC, we had a big crowd of gun rights supporters, and there were a couple of instances of folks reacting audibly. Let's keep our discipline in court and avoid that.

PDinDetroit

Bronson

Last time, I showed up Business Casual (Slacks and Dress Shirt). A polo shirt should be fine, unless you think you will be called to the Witness Stand (like Venator was last time).