Thread: An "open" letter to fellow gun owners

An "open" letter to fellow gun owners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgj_bq5Sj0s

I think this is worth a watch for everyone. Whether you support the right or not.

Hopefully some of our 'supporters' on other forums will have the chance to watch this as well.

Rich, Thanks for posting that link. This guy has it right and in fact says pretty much what i've also been saying for awhile now. He hit the nail RIGHT on the head when he says OC helps inform and educate the public. I myself have talked to lots of people who have questioned me on my OC'ing. MOST have told me that they didn't realize it was even legal. Some of the comments posted for that video confirm that fact. I find it a little disturbing though that some of OC's biggest critics are CC permit holders or people who just decide to CC. Recently, I sent an email to a gentlemen who teaches NRA "concealed carry" courses in CT and advertises on Craigslist. I just wanted to inform him that by advertising CC courses, he was doing us all a disservice. He wasn't to happy and infact sent me some 'nice' emails (your welcome to see them, just send me your email addy) but I DO NOT CARE. If I see someone doing us a disservice I WILL call them out, and everyone else should do the same. Again, thanks for the link!
    Last edited by USAR-VET; 05-20-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USAR-VET View Post
    If I see someone doing us a disservice I WILL call them out, and everyone else should do the same. Again, thanks for the link!
    I tend to make them as public as possible. Public attention to ignorance, especially when it comes to businesses, has a way of fixing itself.

Rich- Thanks also for that link. I just got done posting it on Ctguntalk and got slammed by a couple guys about it...go figure. And to USAR-VET, I too, as of late made it my 'mission' to call out these "instructors" on their misleading advertisements on CC in the state. We need to keep the pressure on wherever/whoever to make this right. I'd love to see those emails if you don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ctclassic View Post
    Rich- Thanks also for that link. I just got done posting it on Ctguntalk and got slammed by a couple guys about it...go figure.
    Not surprising at all. It is not usually worth the time to argue there.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-to-get-busted

Good video.

Rich- Thanks also for that link. I just got done posting it on Ctguntalk and got slammed by a couple guys about it...go figure. And to USAR-VET, I too, as of late made it my 'mission' to call out these "instructors" on their misleading advertisements on CC in the state. We need to keep the pressure on wherever/whoever to make this right. I'd love to see those emails if you don't mind
    PM sent.

Rich- Thanks also for that link. I just got done posting it on Ctguntalk and got slammed by a couple guys about it...go figure.
    I don't see it there. Did they remove it??

Quote Originally Posted by USAR-VET View Post
    I don't see it there. Did they remove it??
    http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/conceal...5693/#msg35693

You have to be logged in, BTW.

Yeah Rich I should have known better, must of had a weak moment. It bewilders me to think we're all supposed to be on the same team. I'll concentrate my efforts over here, where I feel more comfortable.
    Last edited by Ctclassic; 05-20-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Cool

that video said it all. to all CT gun owners we have a job to do. OPEN CARRY, OPEN CARRY and OPEN CARRY! let everyone and everybody know that OPEN CARRY is here to stay!