• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An "open" letter to fellow gun owners

USAR-VET

Rich, Thanks for posting that link. This guy has it right and in fact says pretty much what i've also been saying for awhile now. He hit the nail RIGHT on the head when he says OC helps inform and educate the public. I myself have talked to lots of people who have questioned me on my OC'ing. MOST have told me that they didn't realize it was even legal. Some of the comments posted for that video confirm that fact. I find it a little disturbing though that some of OC's biggest critics are CC permit holders or people who just decide to CC. Recently, I sent an email to a gentlemen who teaches NRA "concealed carry" courses in CT and advertises on Craigslist. I just wanted to inform him that by advertising CC courses, he was doing us all a disservice. He wasn't to happy and infact sent me some 'nice' emails (your welcome to see them, just send me your email addy) but I DO NOT CARE. If I see someone doing us a disservice I WILL call them out, and everyone else should do the same. Again, thanks for the link!

Last edited:

Ctclassic

Rich- Thanks also for that link. I just got done posting it on Ctguntalk and got slammed by a couple guys about it...go figure. And to USAR-VET, I too, as of late made it my 'mission' to call out these "instructors" on their misleading advertisements on CC in the state. We need to keep the pressure on wherever/whoever to make this right. I'd love to see those emails if you don't mind

USAR-VET

Rich- Thanks also for that link. I just got done posting it on Ctguntalk and got slammed by a couple guys about it...go figure. And to USAR-VET, I too, as of late made it my 'mission' to call out these "instructors" on their misleading advertisements on CC in the state. We need to keep the pressure on wherever/whoever to make this right. I'd love to see those emails if you don't mind

PM sent.

Ctclassic

Yeah Rich I should have known better, must of had a weak moment. It bewilders me to think we're all supposed to be on the same team. I'll concentrate my efforts over here, where I feel more comfortable.

Last edited: