Thread: Driving to Dallas

Driving to Dallas

Instead of driving to Memphis to pick up my kids it look like I'm going to be driving to Dallas. I have my Ohio and Pennsylvania permits.

Just curious what info I should be aware of in Texas and just for kicks where would be a good area on Dallas to stay?

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

places to stay in dallas

to answer your question about things to know about texas. not a whole lot i know about CCW in texas but as to where to stay. depending on how old your kids are think about Sheraton suites market center. its pretty close ot down town and its right next to medieval times . stay awy from places near the airport. if you stay at the area i mentioned there is a nice gunrange just down the road.

chewy

ps yes i joined the forum just ot answer that question

My ex stayed at the Sheridan last year,
    I was near the airport, LOL. I'm going on a low budget and it is basically a turn and burn arrive Fri leave for home on sat, no time for fun
    :-(

Texas accepts the Pennsylvania permit, but not the Ohio one. Also, 'concealed' means CONCEALED!! No OC, don't even 'print' that you're carrying under a thin/light garment. Restaurants that serve alcohol are ok to carry in, as long as you're not partaking. Hospitals are a no no. Welcome to the Lone Star State ya'll. Have a great time!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Texas accepts the Pennsylvania permit, but not the Ohio one. Also, 'concealed' means CONCEALED!! No OC, don't even 'print' that you're carrying under a thin/light garment. Restaurants that serve alcohol are ok to carry in, as long as you're not partaking. Hospitals are a no no. Welcome to the Lone Star State ya'll. Have a great time!
    Thanks for the reply. I will only be there one night and already on pins and needels over printing when I get to the boarder, I really prefer not to become a guest of the state over something stupid like printing or my shirt coming up

Accomplished Advocate
    no worries about printing while you're in the vehicle. just keep it concealed best you can. checking in to hotel shouldn't be an issue. There are two signs you need to watch out for. The 30.06 sign which needs to be prominently visible in opposing colors with letters AT LEAST 1 inch in height and reads below -

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

The other is 46.something, but it deals with government offices, and unless you're doing gov business, you won't need to worry about it.

As long as you stay away from south Dallas, just south of downtown, you'll be fine. Just normal precautions, like do not leave valuables visible, smash and grab is big here.
    If you stay in a chain hotel, there are very few in bad areas.

Don't worry too much about printing, there is no law about it. The rule is that it should be concealed. Just don't wear a tight tee over your Desert Eagle in a Serpa.

Enjoy your (quick) visit.

Thanks for the reply. The cheapest rooms I am finding is in Addison. Last year I stayed in the galleria area but the hotel is sold out this time. I'm only looking at holiday inn,
    courtyard and those types.

Hospitals are a no no.
    Hospitals are NOT a no no unless they are posted with a proper 30.06

Hospitals are NOT disallowed UNLESS they are posted with a proper 30.06 sign, also....if you visit a restaurant that serves alcohol, look for a (51% sign), if it is lacking...you may enter (concealed carry).

In regards to "partaking" of alcoholic beverages while carrying, conventional wisdom dictates that you do not, but the law does allow for it (as long as you are not intoxicated/impaired). Obviously, that is a subjective thing and somewhat left to LEO to determine (in terms of whether to arrest or not), a judge would then have to decide the final outcome.