• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

337,503 Active CPL's in Washinton State

sudden valley gunner

That's not bad for this state I would be curious to know the difference between eastern and western Washington. 1 in 20 is not bad but would like to see that number go up in the next few years

If it makes you feel better there are a lot more who carry without a government permission slip to exercise that right. :eek:

Wolfebane

New to the forums and doing lots of research about open carry laws here in Washington State. Getting my CPL this month so i'm going to add myself along with several friends and family to that number. Going to Cabella's here in WA on my birthday in a few months. : )

I grew up in Arkansas/Texas area. i have noted that a lot of conservative and religious areas like where I grew up tend to have harsher carry laws and bans. TX, OK, FL, SC are examples. (Old religious folks who disapprove of firearms that vote?) WA adheres to the 2nd amendment damn well the way it was written with some local common sense restrictions. (IE: illegal to: have your gun drawn, hand on weapon, pointing it to intimidate,.. unless you are protecting yourself, etc.) I'm glad to live in a 'stand your ground' state where open carry is legal. Any state banning open carry in my opinion does not uphold the 2nd amendment of the United States.

My guns are very important to me, and the right carry (even concealed) but especially openly is also of importance to me. But all the places I might be interested in living (other than WA) when I go looking for a job/career once I graduate have restrictive laws/conditions.

skiingislife725

I always like to tell the anti's/fence-sitters that about 1 out of 12 or 13 adults that you see probably has their licence to carry a concealed pistol. I tell them this because weeding out kids is easy to do visually, but the felon's/illegal's part is a lot harder. But, I guess if you tell them that for those eligible to carry, 1 in 9 are licensed to do so...it might be eye-opening too. It just requires more explaining...depends on if you "have their ears" for that long or not.

p85-GSXwheelman

Sowing CC/OC seeds :))

Someobody made a very good point....how many CPL holders ACTUALLY CARRY! Thats the biggest factor I think. Because how can you count the CPL holder as a number in your statistics if they are not upholding their RESPONSIBILITY to carry? I personally carry EVERYTIME I leave the house, no exceptions unless im going to the bar, a school, etc...obviously. I'd like to think I'm doing my part to help make people informed....I OC and have had many conversations started because of it, both positive and negative, that gave me the oportunity to share the facts with them. And ontop of that, I also talk to my friends about it. As a result, several of my responsible gun-owning friends, have come to me to walk them thru the process (including females). From the application process, to choosing the gun thats right for them, and what options of carry work best for them. Anyway, feels good. haha thought id share.